I have a very good friend that I have to thank for giving me material on this blog. He’s the type that talks with so much confidence, instead of facts, that he can be convincing – thus I most commonly refer to him as the baseball pundit or the political pundit. The purpose of this post is to share with readers some of his baseball proclamations in recent years.
- I (the Baseball Pundit) am not a homer.
- Ken Griffey Jr does not deserve to be enshrined in Cooperstown.
- The 1995 Indians are the greatest team of all time – better than the Big Red Machine and the 1927 Yankees.
- Omar Vizquel will hit 40 home runs in one season before he retires.
- Casey Blake is the best right fielder in the American League – better than Vlad Guerrero.
- Ronnie Belliard is the best second baseman since Roberto Alomar.
- Ken Griffey Jr is the worst conditioned athlete not only in baseball – but in all sports.
- The Reds only signed Aroldis Chapman for publicity, thus will bring him up to sell tickets.
He proclaims a lineup with at least six homerun hitters who strike out a lot would win the division. Let’s see … the Arizona Diamondbacks are the one of the top HR teams in the NL and lead MLB (by far) in strikeouts. The last I checked, the D-Backs have the second worst record in the NL.
How’s my friend, the Baseball Pundit, doing?