2010 is about to end, yet it is known as the year my wife turned 54 – thus the dedication with this post. Aging used to bother her, but she has done much better since turning 50 – the hell with everything year! She will continue to maintain that I’m older, which the Numbers Category in the sidebar will verify, but aging has never bothered me. Here’s to the 54!
- Divisible by 1,2, 3, 6, 9, 18, 27, 54
- The answer when adding the squares of 7, 2, and 1
- The Holt graph has 54 edges, which has nothing to do with marching band
- Has the following factorial: 230,843,697,339,241,380,472,092,742,683,027,581,083,278,564,571,807,941,132,288,000,000,000,000
- LIV … but that is actually language – but math is a language
- Xenon has the atomic number 54, thus 54 protons, and its neutral atom also has 54 electrons
- NASA 54 STS
- In temperature, 54 F = 12 C, but 54 C = 129 F
- Studio54: NYC 1970s-80s disco club Google Images
- Bin 54: Steak and Cellar Restaurant
- 54 Mint Restaurant
- 54th Street Grill
- Fifty-Four Flags golf complex
- Fifty Four Boutique Hotel … wonder if Emma knows this place.
- 54 40 or fight!
- The international direct calling code for Argentina
- 54th street Manhattan and its walking tour
- US Route 54 originally connected Chicago and El Paso, now stretches 1,197 miles from Griggsville, IL to El Paso, TX.
Film, Television, and Literature
- 54 is a film about Studio 54 – the movie trailer
- 54 is a novel by the Wu Ming collective of authors
- Episode 54 of Seinfeld
- Classic TV: Car 54 where are you? theme & intro
- Tune to Channel 54 when visiting: Bay Area, northern Kentucky, Baltimore, Erie, Augusta, New Orleans, Huntsville, Austin, Muskegon,
- XM Channel 54: Lithium broadcasts grunge rock and 90s alternative rock
- Cincinnati Bengals Bob Johnson, the team’s first-ever draft pick is the only retired 54 in the NFL – which is more than in MLB, NBA, and NHL.
- Lennie Pond drove the only 54 to a NASCAR victory (6 Aug 1976 at Talladega)
- The longest drought between Stanley Cup championships – the New York Rangers (1940-1994) … which is Beeze’s team
- The fewest points scored by an NBA Team in a playoff game (Utah Jazz, 7 June 1998)
- 54 AD Nero replaces Claudius as emperor of Rome, who then tried to prohibit the gladiator games
- 54 BC Julius Caeser’s second expedition to Britain
- 54th US Congress served from 4 March 1895 to 3 March 1897, the last two years of President Grover Cleveland’s term
- 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry fought in the Civil War
- The USAF 54th Tactical Fighter Wing is inactive, last stationed in South Korea
- The USAF 54th Troop Carrier Wing served the South Pacific theatre in WW II
Odds and Ends