Have you ever wonder what the news would be like if there were no reports about stupid people? Or at least without stupid things done by people who should know better?
Last year I start the Doltest of the Dolts Award, so hey – might as well make it a tradition. Since politicians could easily dominate this, I have tried to limit their presence, which is not easy here or in real life).
Ladies and gentlemen – A Frank Angle’s “Doltest of the Dolts Awards” for 2011.
17) The Republican Presidential candidates for doing what they can to push moderates to the other party
16) Pat Robertson – Odds are good that he said something stupid this year
15) Terry Jones – Yep, the hate pastor from Florida was in the news a lot first quarter
14) Sarah Palin – Top-ranked last year, but less time in front of the camera lowers her rating, but she still is a nincompoop (One of my fav posts ever)
13) Lindsey Lohan – Miss Train Wreck
12) John Boehner and Eric Cantor (politics aside) for not attending the Arizona service after the January shooting because one of them should have been there
11) A group of state governors for misreading the will of the people (No, I did not vote for Ohio’s John Kasich)
10) Bud Selig – The only yearly question is where on this list will the MLB Commissioner be
9) Hank Williams – For his hated
8] Charlie Sheen – Mr. Train Wreck
7) James Harrison – The Steelers linebacker who intentionally tries to hurt players, and then laughs
6) College Presidents for saying they care about student athletes yet change conferences to chase money
5) Politicians who are pathetic examples of noble leaders: Take your pick from Anthony Weiner, Charlie Rangel, Arnold Schwarzenegger, John Ensign, and others for making other lowly politicians look good
4) Harold Camping – The rapture king was hoping for a higher rating
3) Donald Trump for making a mockery of the importance and dignity of being able to live in the White House
2) The chain-of-command at Penn State University and Florida A&M University for dropping the buck
1) The Congress of the United States of America – Anyone needing an explanation, here’s your sign
Read Full Post »