In lieu of Friday’s typical Opinions in the Shorts, here’s a look back at 2012. Besides, I still feel a bit overwhelmed from the hectic nature of the past few days.
From the blogging perspective, 2012 was a successful year.
- Except when on vacation, I maintained my 5-6 posts per week
- December was already on pace to be the best month ever, but with Freshly Pressed, this month may stand a while
- Visits for the year improved over 40% from 2011
- Reached the 100,000 mark for visits
- 20,000th comment will be soon – and who will get the fireworks display
- Freshly Pressed on December 24
- Being added to Le Clown’s blogroll
- My 1000th post party was very special
- I continue to enjoy posting and interacting with my visitors
By reviewing my 2012 posts, I selected one post from each month to feature the variety of topics that I embrace. From politics to religion to science to travel to ballroom dance and more, here is my look back at 2012. This collection also gives new readers a chance to learn about me and this blog – which could either encourage them to return or drive them away!
For your comments, which did you read? To my long-time visitors, do you have any memorable posts that I didn’t include?
January: My story of living with a night of blame for 40+ years
February: A tribute to Pi – yep, 3.141592653, including a link of Pi to a million digits
March: On a spectacular place – the universe
April: Looking at the difficult topic of free will
May: Political gridlock remains valid today … and probably tomorrow
August: I enjoy college football, so look at some of my favorite college football traditions
September: Time for a cruise – Start in Amsterdam, and then follow the link at the bottom of the post to the next port
October: Learn about and enjoy tango
November: I enjoy classic cartoons, so it’s all about Taz
December: How many people can play one instrument at the same time
To send you into the weekend, enjoy Disco Santa, which makes me laugh … and yep, sure sounds like the Village People. Have a safe weekend, and hopefully I can get a play-toy post together for your Saturday.