Another weekend has gone into the memory bank, so how was yours?
Ours was lower key than normal. We had time on the ballroom floor, started Saturday by shoveling the new snow, stayed in that evening by watching Backdraft with good wine (and company), then Sunday afternoon we went to the movie theater for Philomena (thumbs up).
After a mild Sunday, temperatures will be dropping overnight to pave the way for blistering cold (low of -10 F, -23 C scheduled for Monday night/Tuesday morning). At least it’s only a 3-day blast, so Thursday starts the upswing.
Celebrations for the week
- (Week) Snow Sculpting Week, Cowboy Poetry Gathering Week, Hoof Care Week, Meat Week
- (Mon) Bubble-Wrap Appreciation Day, Holocaust Memorial Day, Punch the Clock Day, Squirrel Appreciation Day, Thomas Crapper Day, Chocolate Cake Day
- (Tues) Kazoo Day, Daisy Day, Blueberry Pancake Day
- (Wed) Curmudgeon Day, Freethinkers Day, Puzzle Day, Seeing Eye Dog Day
- (Thurs) Croissant Day, Inane Answering Message Day
Alert 1: The last week of January also means it’s your last chance to celebrate Love Yourself Month and Get Over It Month.
Alert 2: Here’s an attempt to break the comment record on WordPress. Click here and then comment on anything (if needed, use the a celebration from above, and tell them I sent you.
Here are two choices to start your week, so watching one or both. Enjoy … and have a good week!
At the Time: The Musical - Prologue, Elyse disclosed that Ode to Joy was played at her wedding. Then, my research staff discovered this video from her wedding (and just in time for Tuesday)
With a toast to Bubble-Wrap Appreciation Day, here is a guy wasting his employer’s time and money.