How was your weekend? Hopefully you had a chance to enjoy yourself. Did you have good weather? Come on … tell us about your weekend!
We had warm, dry weather, so our weekend was full of activities and interactions – such as out to dinner with a group of new neighbors, ballroom time, hosted our first family gathering, the handbell choir played at two services (I couldn’t find a recording or video), my first trip to the golf driving range, and watching the Masters golf tournament.
Life: The Musical returns this week with a curtain time of 9:30 PM (Eastern US) Wednesday. The theme for Act 2 is “Born” – so get your song title that includes any of these words: born, birth, baby, or babies.
Your celebrations for the week
- (Week) Wildlife Film Week, Crime Victim Rights Week, Environmental Education Week, Robotics Week, Library Week, Undergraduate Research Week
- (Mon) Dictionary Day, Moment of Laughter Day, Pecan Day, Pan American Day, Ex-Spouse Day, Dolphin Day
- (Tues) Take a Wild Guess Day, That Sucks Day, Bicycle Day, Art Day, Library Day, Rubber Eraser Day, Stress Awareness Day, One Day Without Shoes Day, Glazed Spiral Ham Day
- (Wed) Bookmobile Day, Save the Elephant Day, Eggs Benedict Day, Day of the Mushroom
- (Thurs) Bat Appreciation Day, Blah! Blah! Blah! Day, Ellis Island Family History Day, Haiku Poetry Day, Nothing Like a Dame Day, High Five Day, Ford Mustang Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day, Poem in Your Pocket Day, Cheeseball Day
We went from harvesting spaghetti from trees to marshmallow farm, so the journey continues with the wonders of M&M farming. Enjoy and have a good week!
It’s the start of a new week, so how was your weekend? Come on now, tell us about it.
Ours included dance time, a shopping trip, more reorganizing, walking in the new neighborhood, and our dinner group met. Nuts was the theme and the evening include our host dressing as Mr. Peanut plus wonderful food, wine, and company. Appetizers was our course, so we provided Rosemary Roasted Cashews, Stuffed Mushrooms with Pecans, and Goat Cheese, Grape, & Pistachio Truffles.
Not sure how many posts I will have this week, so time will tell. Then again, it’s also important to continue reconnecting with readers on their blogs.
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Money Smart Week, Bat Appreciation Week, Explore Your Career Options Week, Animal Control Appreciation Week, Volunteer Week, Window Safety Week , Read a Road Map Week, Bake Week
- (Mon) Beaver Day, Snailpapers Day, Metric System Day, Beer Day, No Housework Day, Coffee Cake Day, Sweet Potato Day, Day of Remembrance of Victims of Genocide
- (Tues) Draw a Bird Day, Roma Day, Trading Cards for Grown-ups Day
- (Wed) Cherish an Antique Day, Former POWs Recognition Day, Winston Churchill Day, Jenkins Ear Day, Name Yourself Day, Chinese Almond Cookie Day
- (Thurs) Farm Animals Day, Sibling Day, Safety Pin Day, Cinnamon Crescent Day
Last week I opened April with a video from the BBC about the spaghetti harvest in southern Switzerland. In a similar situation, did you see the report about the devastated marshmallow crop in North Carolina? For your Monday Morning Entertainment, see for yourself. Have a good week!
Greetings to you on one of Cincinnati’s favorite days – Opening Day for baseball. No city embraces the season’s start as Cincinnati, and weather should be warm. Until Major League Baseball decided to focus on money over tradition, Cincinnati always opened the season. I’m contemplating taking time away from the task at hand to spend some time downtown, but only time will tell if I follow through with that thought.
How was your weekend? Come on now …. tell us about it.
We had an evening on the ballroom floor and attended a going-away party for a friend. Sandwiched between those two events was our continuing effort of unpacking and organization.
A huge thank you to those who participated in my extended Exploring series that took readers on a journey from the far reaches of the universe, then toward Earth, and finally landing on our planet with a trip around the world. It was fun to put together. Although I wasn’t replying to comments, I kept up with the reading, so thanks for the smiles you caused.
I will ease myself back into posting this week with at least three posts. Then again, I leave the door open to more.
Celebrations this week
- (Week) Week of the Ocean, Root Canal Awareness Week, Be Kind to Spiders Week, Publicity Stunt Week, Scoop the Poop Week, Golden Rule Week, Laugh at Work Week, Testicular Cancer Awareness Week, Straw Hat Week
- (Mon) Sleep Apnea Day, Orange & Lemons Day, Clams on the Half Shell Day, Tater Day, She’s Funny That Way Day, Bunsen Burner Day
- (Tues) April Fools Day, Boomer Bonus Day, Myles Day, Library Snap-Shot Day, Fun at Work Day, Reading is Funny Day, St. Stupid Day, Sliced Bread Day, Sourdough Bread Day, Poetry & the Creative Mind Day
- (Wed) Ferret Day, Children’s Book Day, Day of Hope, Whole Grain Sampling Day, Walking Day, Peanut Butter & Jelly Day, Autism Day, Love Your Produce Manager Day
- (Thurs) Party Day, Find a Rainbow Day, Tweed Day, Pony Express Day, Weed Out Hate – Sow the Seeds of Greatness Day, Don’t Go to Work Unless It’s Fun Day, Chocolate Mousse Day
The past six weeks have been a whirlwind, but we are working toward the normal balance in our life … however, no way I will ever be this balanced. Have a good week!
To say our life has been a whirlwind of late is an understatement. The old homestead (which we are still in) is officially not ours, and the new place should be ours Monday morning.
If moving isn’t enough stress, last Thursday we received VERY unexpected news regarding the new place … so unexpected, we sought legal counsel. Although there is progress and the closing should be smooth, the news took a huge bite out of packing time, thus now I’m fearful of not being ready.
Meanwhile, our move day is in a few days, our router will be going offline (maybe already so) and hopefully it will be up and running in the new place in short order … but only time will tell. But hey … the show goes on because the Explorer series continues.
I know you count on me to pass along chance to celebrate … and there are good ones in this list.
Celebrations for your week (17th-23rd)
- (Week) Chocolate Week, Act Happy Week, Straw Hat Week, Clean Your Closet Week, Goof-Off Week, Clutter Awareness Week, Anonymous Giving Week
- (Mon) Rubber Band Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Submarine Day, Irish Coffee Day, Green Beer Day
- (Tues) Awkward Moments Day, Forgive Mom & Dad Day, Sun-Earth Day, Oatmeal Cookies Day, Supreme Sacrifice Day, Biodiesel Day
- (Wed) Kick Butts Day, Chocolate Caramel Day, Swallows Return to Capistrano Day, Poultry Day, Social Work Day, Let’s Laugh Day
- (Thurs) Snowman Burning Day, Big Bird Day (Sesame Street), Ravioli Day, Alien Abduction Day, Astrology Day (I’m Aquarius … your sign?), Jump Out Day, Proposal Day, Won’t You Be My Neighbor Day, Day of Happiness
- (Fri) Dance Day, Down Syndrome Day (Trisomy-21), Memory Day, Common Courtesy Day, Puppy Day, Brain Injury Awareness Day, Poetry Day, Forests & Trees Day
- (Sat) Goof-Off Day, As Young As You Feel Day, Day of the Seal, Roller Coaster Day, Bavarian Crepes Day, Badminton Day, Sing Out Day, Francophone Day, World Day for Water
- (Sun) Turtle Day, Chip & Dip Day, Kick Butt Day, OK Day, Near Miss Day
My favorites above are Goof-Off Week (oh I wish I could), Snowman Burning Day, Dance Day, and my wife’s birthday (which I didn’t list). Meanwhile, I will have more Exploring posts this week.
For your Monday Morning Entertainment, here’s a comedian who defines hyper! Enjoy, and have a good week.
Another weekend down, actually our next to the last in this home. How was your weekend?
Ours was a mix of packing and events to get me away from the task at hand, so I did get some fun in as the wonderful wine tasting event and dinner at the home of friends – plus it was a handbell Sunday (of which we played well). The wine event is an annual fundraiser in which attendees as given a glass and put into a room with 700+ wines for 2 1/2 hours. No … we don’t try to sample all!!!
A special thanks to all who visit and comment during my absence!
This coming week is a big one on for us as it includes
- the bank’s appraisal and inspection of our next home (as the results could delay the closing
- our inspection of the new location
- the closing of our current home
Celebrations for you week (10-16)
- (Week) Save Your Vision Week, Camp Week, Pancake Week, Celebrate Your Name Week, Return Borrowed Books Week, Chocolate Chip Cookie Week, Procrastinators Week, Brain Awareness Week, Bubble Gum Week, Music in Schools Week
- (Mon) Fill Our Staplers Day, Middle Name Pride Day (I’m a Paul), Day of Awesomeness, Mario Day, Land-Line Telephone Day, Napping Day, Blueberry Popovers Day
- (Tues) Dream Day, Oatmeal-Nut Waffles Day, Johnny Appleseed Day, Plumbing Day, Home Office Day
- (Wed) Dennis the Menace Day, Baked Scallops Day
- (Thurs) Donald Duck Day, Earmuffs Day, Good Samaritan Involvement Day, Coconut Torte Day, K-9 Veterans Day, Mothering Day, Open an Umbrella Indoors Day, Smart & Sexy Day, Kidney Day
- (Fri) Ask a Question Day, MOTH-ER Day, Potato Chip Day, Scientists Day, Organize Your Home Office Day, Check Your Batteries Day, Save a Spider Day, Sleep Day, Learn About Butterflies Day, Pi Day (here’s a place to celebrate)
- (Sat) Buzzard Day (one of my favorite days, so here’s the history), Brutus Day, Ides of March, Quilting Day, Corn Dog Day, True Confessions Day
- (Sun) Artichoke Hearts Day, Curfew Day, Lips Appreciation Day, Vitamin C Day, Quilt Day, Everything You Do is Right Day
Last week I showed the first Monday Morning Entertainment, so in that spirit, here’s the second. Have a good week.