Greetings everyone! How was your weekend? Hopefully an ample combination of safe, sound, productive, and enjoyable.
I hope to return to normal posting this week. Although I wasn’t posting, I found all the comments visitors left regarding my mother-in-law to be special and uplifting. They were so special to me, simply writing “Thank you” isn’t enough.
The funeral was Saturday, and we are confident she would have enjoyed the service, the music, and the sermon. Fortunately, the weather was much better than Friday and Sunday morning.
The delayed act of Time: The Musical is on my docket for Wednesday 9:30 pm (Eastern US), so get your videos featuring videos with song titles that include “time” in the form as a compound word – such as, nighttime, wintertime, dinnertime, etc.
Celebrations for your week.
- (Week) Human Rights Week, Lager Beer Week
- (Mon) Weary Willie Day, Eqil Skallagrissom Day, Pastry Day, Apple Pie Day, Shareware Day, Day of the Horse
- (Tues) Human Rights Day, Lager Day, Dewey Decimal System Day, Nobel Prize Day
- (Wed) Mountain Day, UNICEF Day, Noodle Ring Day
- (Thurs) Gingerbread House Day, 12-Hour Fresh Breath Day, Poinsettia Day, Ding-a-Ling Day Ambrosia Day
With Monday honoring Weary Willie, which has nothing to do with my post about baseball’s All-Time Willies, let’s start the week with music by One String Willie. Enjoy … and have a good week.
How was your weekend? For the US audience, did you travel for the holiday weekend? For others, what did you do this past weekend?
Mine was consumed with my mother-in-law in a hospice unit. This is my first encounter with this organization. What a difficult job to do! But a nurse told me that she couldn’t work in a regular hospital, so cheers to those you have that gift. Thanks to everyone who commented on the previous post.
Interestingly, this weekend was my last battle with the leaves. Well, I’m hoping. If not, I’m confident there’s no more than one more session.
Given the family situation, I’m unsure how much I will be able to visit this week, but I will do want I can. Then again, I know bloggers are very understanding.
My current plans involve Time: The Musical returning this week. The upcoming act, Compound Time, features song titles containing a compound word that includes time; such as bedtime, daytime, springtime, etc. Curtain time is Wednesday, 9:30 pm (2130) Eastern US.
Celebrations for this week’s calendar
- (Week) Cookie Cutter Week, Coelenterates Week, Handwashing Awareness Week
- (Mon) Mutt Day, Special Education Day, Fritters Day, Coats For Kids Day, Science Fiction Day, Abolition of Slavery Day
- (Tues) Persons with Disabilities Day, Roof-Over-Your-Head Day, Ice Cream Box Day
- (Wed) Cookie Day, Dice Day, Special Kids Day, Santa List Day, International Hug Day, Wear Brown Shoes Day, Wildlife Conservation Day
- (Thurs) Bathtub Party Day, Ninja Day, Blue Jeans Day, Sacher Torte Day
On to the Monday Morning Entertainment to start your week. Given the upcoming Monty Python reunion, that’s a good enough reason to feature this classic clip. Enjoy … and have a good week.
How was your weekend? Most importantly, I hope yours was safe.
We returned to the dance floor for the first time. Wow … it’s amazing how much one can forget! But we had fun and it was good to see some dance friends again.
We also went out to dinner with two unique groups. First, with our those from our neighborhood-to-be, and the next night with our current neighbor. Our current neighborhood has been wonderful for many years, but it seems like our future is also in good hands.
We also spent time with my mother-in-law. She’s struggling, so who knows how much longer she’ll be with us. Thanks for all your positive thoughts and concerns.
Woo hoo!!!! The Take 5 series got off to a great start. A special thanks to my guest, Marina, who also took the time to reply to comments.
With this being Thanksgiving week in the USA, it may not be a normal week of posting.
Time to take note of these upcoming celebrations
- (Week) Better Conversation Week, Game & Puzzle Week, Care Givers Week
- (Mon) Blasé Day
- (Tues) Cake Day
- (Wed) Day of Listening, Tie One on Day, Pins & Needles Day, Bavarian Cream Pie Day
- (Thurs) Thanksgiving (US), Hanukkah, Letter Writing Day, Maize Day, Gone-to-Pot Day, French Toast Day
Let’s get on with jump starting your week. Better yet, let’s approach this task with a little bit of snap. Have a good week ahead!
How was your weekend?
Ours was suppose to close with a blast of fierce weather, which (in some ways) is fitting for what is currently happening within our family. For for our location, the storm whimpered by.
Many thanks for the well-wishes regarding my in-laws. When I read the locations of the comments to my MIL, she commented, All for us? - To which, I smiled and delivered a Yes.
Thankfully, my wife’s sister and our nieces came to town. The hospital released my FIL Saturday afternoon. As my MIL continues to struggle, the family also had a chance to talk.
I’m hoping to return to normal posting this week. To help with my time management, my visiting elsewhere will most likely be limited, but I’ll may try.
This week marks the return of Time: The Musical, with Act 9 featuring extended time. Examples of words in the title include decade(s), century(ies), era(s), epoch(s), and potentially others. “Years” can be used if and only if the number is at least 100. A future date as 2525 is not acceptable. Get your songs ready! Curtain time is Wednesday, 9:30 pm (Eastern US).
Here are some upcoming celebrations for your calendar
- (Week) Book Awareness Week
- (Mon) Married-to-a-Scorpio Support Day, Mickey Mouse Day, Push-Button Phone Day, Vichyssoise Day, William Tell Day
- (Tues) Equal Opportunity Day, Have-a-Bad-Day Day, World Toilet Day, Rocky & Bullwinkle Day, Men’s Day, Carbonated Beverage with Caffeine Day
- (Wed) Name Your PC Day, Peanut Butter Fudge Day, Absurdity Day, Universal Children’s Day, G.O.H.A.R.D, My dad would be 88 today
- (Thurs) Alascattalo Day, Beaujolais Nouveau Day, Hello Day, Use Less Stuff Day, False Confessions Day, Stuffing Day
To start your week with a chuckle, here’s what happens when prepared man meets determined goose. Have a good week.
Another weekend is in the files, so how was yours? Surprise, surprise … we stayed busy!
My wife continues to follow doctor’s orders, so no ballroom for us. Our weekend considered of hosting a friend for dinner and wine, a college football game, playing euchre with a few neighbors, and being caretakers as both of my in-laws had recent setbacks.
Last week I mentioned our Japanese Maple was approaching being full red. One week later, it’s about 50% bare.
By the way, is anyone else suddenly not receiving emails about new posts from those you follow?
Celebrations for your week ahead
- (Week) Dear Santa Letter Week, Pursuit of Happiness Week, Geography Awareness Week, Kindness Week
- (Mon) Origami Day, Orphan’s Day, Sundae Day, Air Day
- (Tues) Pizza with the Works Day, Happy Hour Day, Moms & Dads Day, Chicken Soup for the Soul Day
- (Wed) Kindness day, Indian Pudding Day
- (Thurs) Pickle Day, Teddy Bear Day, Lossen-Up Lighten-Up Day, Guacamole Day, Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
Whether its Veterans Day, Remembrance Day, Armistice Day, or by any other name or even another day, for many it’s a day to honor the living who served. For others, it’s a day of remembrance for those who sacrificed. Either way, I’m foregoing my traditional Monday Morning Entertainment for a tribute to the original day while providing two appropriate videos around In Flanders Field – the top as a poem, the bottom as a hymn. Take your pick
Have a good week.