It was a holiday weekend for us, but we weren’t overwhelmed with busy. We spent time dancing, shopping, watching TV, walking, and entertaining my father-in-law for Easter. With Easter being the highest Christian day, the handbell choir played 3 songs at back-to-back services. Here’s a good recording of a short, but energetic song.
Come on now, tell us about your weekend!
We’ve had a streak of warm days, and it appears the streak will continue throughout the week. Therefore, it looks like the start of golf league shouldn’t be delayed again.
Celebrations for the week ahead.
- (Week) Cleaning for a Reason Week, Consumer Awareness Week, Bubblegum Week, Police Offers Who Gave Their Lives in the Line of Duty Week, Paperboard Packaging Week, National Park Week, Animal Cruelty Awareness Week, Bedbug Awareness Week, Coin Week, Fibroid Awareness Week, Whistlers Week, Infertility Awareness Week, Karaoke Week, Princess Week, Pet ID Week, Sky Awareness Week, Oral-Head-&-Neck Cancer Awareness Week, Playground Safety Week, Work Zone Safety Awareness Week, Safe Kids Week
- (Mon) Bulldogs are Beautiful Day, Dyngus Day, Kindergarten Day, Chocolate-Covered Cashews Day
- (Tues) Earth Day, Jelly Bean Day, April Showers Day
- (Wed) Impossible Astronaut Day, Marconi Day, Movie Theater Day, Talk Like Shakespeare Day, Picnic Day, Nose Picking Day
- (Thurs) Pigs in a Blanket Day, Guide Dogs Day
Those who know Bulldog noticed the Monday reference, so I encourage everyone to visit him to leave a Happy Bulldogs are Beautiful Day greeting on his About page. (Click here)
To start your week, here’s a commercial that Viveka shared with me. Enjoy it … and have a good week ahead!
How was your weekend? Hopefully you had a chance to enjoy yourself. Did you have good weather? Come on … tell us about your weekend!
We had warm, dry weather, so our weekend was full of activities and interactions – such as out to dinner with a group of new neighbors, ballroom time, hosted our first family gathering, the handbell choir played at two services (I couldn’t find a recording or video), my first trip to the golf driving range, and watching the Masters golf tournament.
Life: The Musical returns this week with a curtain time of 9:30 PM (Eastern US) Wednesday. The theme for Act 2 is “Born” – so get your song title that includes any of these words: born, birth, baby, or babies.
Your celebrations for the week
- (Week) Wildlife Film Week, Crime Victim Rights Week, Environmental Education Week, Robotics Week, Library Week, Undergraduate Research Week
- (Mon) Dictionary Day, Moment of Laughter Day, Pecan Day, Pan American Day, Ex-Spouse Day, Dolphin Day
- (Tues) Take a Wild Guess Day, That Sucks Day, Bicycle Day, Art Day, Library Day, Rubber Eraser Day, Stress Awareness Day, One Day Without Shoes Day, Glazed Spiral Ham Day
- (Wed) Bookmobile Day, Save the Elephant Day, Eggs Benedict Day, Day of the Mushroom
- (Thurs) Bat Appreciation Day, Blah! Blah! Blah! Day, Ellis Island Family History Day, Haiku Poetry Day, Nothing Like a Dame Day, High Five Day, Ford Mustang Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day, Poem in Your Pocket Day, Cheeseball Day
We went from harvesting spaghetti from trees to marshmallow farm, so the journey continues with the wonders of M&M farming. Enjoy and have a good week!
It’s the start of a new week, so how was your weekend? Come on now, tell us about it.
Ours included dance time, a shopping trip, more reorganizing, walking in the new neighborhood, and our dinner group met. Nuts was the theme and the evening include our host dressing as Mr. Peanut plus wonderful food, wine, and company. Appetizers was our course, so we provided Rosemary Roasted Cashews, Stuffed Mushrooms with Pecans, and Goat Cheese, Grape, & Pistachio Truffles.
Not sure how many posts I will have this week, so time will tell. Then again, it’s also important to continue reconnecting with readers on their blogs.
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Money Smart Week, Bat Appreciation Week, Explore Your Career Options Week, Animal Control Appreciation Week, Volunteer Week, Window Safety Week , Read a Road Map Week, Bake Week
- (Mon) Beaver Day, Snailpapers Day, Metric System Day, Beer Day, No Housework Day, Coffee Cake Day, Sweet Potato Day, Day of Remembrance of Victims of Genocide
- (Tues) Draw a Bird Day, Roma Day, Trading Cards for Grown-ups Day
- (Wed) Cherish an Antique Day, Former POWs Recognition Day, Winston Churchill Day, Jenkins Ear Day, Name Yourself Day, Chinese Almond Cookie Day
- (Thurs) Farm Animals Day, Sibling Day, Safety Pin Day, Cinnamon Crescent Day
Last week I opened April with a video from the BBC about the spaghetti harvest in southern Switzerland. In a similar situation, did you see the report about the devastated marshmallow crop in North Carolina? For your Monday Morning Entertainment, see for yourself. Have a good week!
To say our life has been a whirlwind of late is an understatement. The old homestead (which we are still in) is officially not ours, and the new place should be ours Monday morning.
If moving isn’t enough stress, last Thursday we received VERY unexpected news regarding the new place … so unexpected, we sought legal counsel. Although there is progress and the closing should be smooth, the news took a huge bite out of packing time, thus now I’m fearful of not being ready.
Meanwhile, our move day is in a few days, our router will be going offline (maybe already so) and hopefully it will be up and running in the new place in short order … but only time will tell. But hey … the show goes on because the Explorer series continues.
I know you count on me to pass along chance to celebrate … and there are good ones in this list.
Celebrations for your week (17th-23rd)
- (Week) Chocolate Week, Act Happy Week, Straw Hat Week, Clean Your Closet Week, Goof-Off Week, Clutter Awareness Week, Anonymous Giving Week
- (Mon) Rubber Band Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Submarine Day, Irish Coffee Day, Green Beer Day
- (Tues) Awkward Moments Day, Forgive Mom & Dad Day, Sun-Earth Day, Oatmeal Cookies Day, Supreme Sacrifice Day, Biodiesel Day
- (Wed) Kick Butts Day, Chocolate Caramel Day, Swallows Return to Capistrano Day, Poultry Day, Social Work Day, Let’s Laugh Day
- (Thurs) Snowman Burning Day, Big Bird Day (Sesame Street), Ravioli Day, Alien Abduction Day, Astrology Day (I’m Aquarius … your sign?), Jump Out Day, Proposal Day, Won’t You Be My Neighbor Day, Day of Happiness
- (Fri) Dance Day, Down Syndrome Day (Trisomy-21), Memory Day, Common Courtesy Day, Puppy Day, Brain Injury Awareness Day, Poetry Day, Forests & Trees Day
- (Sat) Goof-Off Day, As Young As You Feel Day, Day of the Seal, Roller Coaster Day, Bavarian Crepes Day, Badminton Day, Sing Out Day, Francophone Day, World Day for Water
- (Sun) Turtle Day, Chip & Dip Day, Kick Butt Day, OK Day, Near Miss Day
My favorites above are Goof-Off Week (oh I wish I could), Snowman Burning Day, Dance Day, and my wife’s birthday (which I didn’t list). Meanwhile, I will have more Exploring posts this week.
For your Monday Morning Entertainment, here’s a comedian who defines hyper! Enjoy, and have a good week.
After a few days of a weather-flirt with spring, the week ahead appears to be a return to winter temperatures. After our abnormally cold winter, I’m ready to move toward complaining about the summer heat and humidity.
How was your weekend? Come on now … tell us what you did!
It was an odd weekend for me. While I’m home slaving away packing for a move, my wife is with her sister cruising in the Caribbean. Sorry … but that just doesn’t sound as much fun as wrapping paper, bubble wrap, boxes, and tape. Plus, I (for some ridiculous reason) took on a short project for a client. On the plus side, it provides a break from packing. Also, believe it or not, I did go to a dance studio.
Celebrations for your calendar!
- (Week) Pancake Week, Homes for Birds Week, Pickle Time Week, New Idea Week, Bird Health Awareness Week, Secondhand Wardrobe Week
- (Mon) Tortilla Chip day, Trading Card Day, Cupcake Day, Museum Advocacy Day, Bartender Day
- (Tues) Chocolate Covered Peanuts Day, Quiet Day, Let’s All Eat Right Day
- (Wed) Thermos Bottle Day, Tell a Fairy Tale Day, First Movie Cartoon Day, For Pete’s Sake Day, Pistachio Day, Personal Chef Day
- (Thurs) No-Brainer Day, Kahlua Day, Polar Bear Day, Chili Day
To start your week with a chuckle, this video reminds me of last February’s trip to Italy. Thanks to Debra (@ Bagni di Lucca and Beyond) for this one. Enjoy … and have a good week.