Instead of dedicating a new post to a classic cartoon character, today is a pick-your-treat day! Below as the characters from past posts, so pick one – any one – or as many was who wish because this is your special Saturday Morning Buffet of cartoon characters. Enjoy! Which did you watch this morning?
Posts Tagged ‘Snagglepuss’
Posted in Classic Cartoons, Entertainment, tagged Boris and Natasha, Boris Badenov, Classic Cartoons, Elmer Fudd, Flintstones, Foghorn Leghorn, Jonny Quest, Mutley, Natasha Fatale, Peabody and Sherman, Popeye, Quick Draw McGraw, Saturday Morning, Saturday morning cartoons, Snagglepuss, Speedy Gonzalez, Top Cat, Underdog, WIle E Coyote, Woody Woodpecker, Yosemite Sam on June 2, 2012 | 24 Comments »
I wouldn’t call Snagglepuss my favorite character, but his unique voice and trademark sayings make him a classic. Enjoy this week’s cartoon honoree. For other posts about cartoons, click here or see Categories > Entertainment-Cartoons in the Sidebar. Please return every Saturday for another honoree.
Did You Knows about Snagglepuss
- Created in 1959 by Hanna-Barbera
- First appeared as a sheep stealer on Quick Draw McGraw
- Become a regular on The Yogi Bear Show (32 episodes), Yogi’s Gang (1973) with Squiddly Diddly, Yakkee Doodle, and Secret Squirrel, and served as host of the Laff-A-Lympics (1977, 1978), and appeared in Yogi’s Treasure Hunt (1985)
- Common sayings include “Heavens to Murgatroyd!”, “Exit, stage right!” (or left, up, or down), and including “even” at the end of many sentences.
- A pink lion, but friendly and civilized
- Often mistaken as a wild beat by big-game hunter Major Minor
- Appeared in early-60s commercials for Kellogg cereals
- Has a brother – Snaggletooth
- Had a similar voice to actor Bert Lahr