I imagine that many college football followers are scratching their heads since they may not know much about the Cincinnati Bearcats. This post aims to give a conceptual view of the team.
- Build on the results of a defensive-minded previous coach, coach Kelly’s defensive units have had two solid years
- Led the nation in takeaways in 2007
- With 3 DBs currently on NFL draft boards, some say this is the best secondary in the country
- Senior DE Conner Barwin, who leads the Big East in sacks, played TE last year
Given high, long punts, good coverage, and a strong-legged (but erratic) kicker, special teams are team strength.
- The pass sets up the run in the UC spread offense.
- A strong crop of receivers, and an accurate QB set the tone.
- On the downside, the offensive lines gets its share of penalties and one of the rotated RBs has a propensity to fumble.
Good team speed as coach Kelly prefers quickness instead of power and brawn
- Horrible losses at Oklahoma , at UConn
- Big wins: @ Louisville (1-9 the last 10 meetings), @ West Virginia (never beaten them in the Big East), and vs. Pitt (first time ever win)