In a letter to the editor a few days before Christmas, a citizen complained that the Cincinnati Enquirer didn’t have enough “true conservative” columns staunchly opposing President-elect Obama. I find this interesting on many counts.
- The Cincinnati Enquirer is a conservative paper published in a conservative Republican stronghold
- The paper regularly publishes syndicated conservatives David Brooks, George Will, William Kristol, and Charles Krauthammer
- The president-elect has served ZERO days
With this in mind, I offer the following suggestions:
- The John Birch Society offers many blogs for continual dialogue with having similar ideologies
- Search blogs on WordPress, Blogger, and TypePad for others having the viewpoint one wants to read
- Make sure to listen to Rush Limbaugh and other talking heads is the perfect place for those who either favor ideology over country or can’t think for themselves
If the president-elect is successful, so is the country. Times are currently difficult and this is not the time to be whining about the election because elections aren’t a football game. It’s not like your favorite team just lost to a rival so you spending the entire year building up hatred for the next game.
It’s our country of one team, not two. Unfortunately, too many partisans are so fixed on their ideology, they hope the new administration fails – and fail miserably.
But wait … if the ‘true conservative’ voice dominated the media and our thoughts, the world would be a better place. If you don’t believe that, just ask one of them.