Another week is in the books and two things are certain: surprises continue to happen and various rankings and polls continue to rewards teams playing weak schedules and holding back teams with more quality wins. Not hear … play a weak team, especially a nonD1 team and expect to take a dip; play a stronger team and expect to be rewarded. Oh … what a novel idea! For those needing more explanation, read this about PreSeason Rankings.
Let’s face it. At this point in the season, too many of the “highly-taunted” have very few quality wins. Sorry to those from Happy Valley, but I’m not impressed with 2-0 in the MAC. I know the Wolverines are also 2-0 in the MAC, but at least they have one higher-quality win.
They’ve Earned It Top 10
- Miami (2-0) Next @ Va. Tech
- Auburn (3-0) Next vs. Ball State
- LSU (3-0/ Next @ Mississippi State
- Boise State (3-0) Next @ Bowling Green
- Cincinnati (3-0) Next vs. Fresno
- Cal (3-0) Next @ Oregon
- UCLA (3-0) Next: Bye
- Alabama (3-0) Next vs. Arkansas
- Texas (3-0) Next vs. UTEP
- North Carolina (3-0) Next @ Ga. Tech
This Week’s High Impact Games
Besides games involving the top 10 teams, keep your eyes on these potential ranking-impact games.
- Arizona State @ Georgia
- Florida @ Kentucky
- Illinois @ Ohio State
- Iowa @ Penn State
- Michigan St @ Wisconsin
- Mississippi @ South Carolina
- TCU @ Clemson
- Texas Tech @ Houston
- Washington @ Stanford