This was a week when Cinderella Houston fell, Cal continues its tailspin, and Miami shows they belong. We wonder what’s happened to Florida State, ache for Georgia while praising LSU, and yet monitoring the Buckeyes, Gators, Longhorns, and Trojans in the background.
These are the rankings based on results, not speculations and predictions. I know it’s different, but that’s why this is called They’ve Earned It. For those needing more explanation, read this post about PreSeason Rankings.
Up- Virginia Tech, Auburn,
New – Miami, Georgia Tech, Notre dame, Wisconsin
Out- Georgia, Iowa, Houston, South Carolina
They’ve Earned It Top 10
- LSU (5-0) Next: Florida
- Alabama (5-0) Next: @ Mississippi
- Auburn (5-0) Next: @ Arkansas
- Va. Tech (4-1) Next: Boston College
- Miami (3-1) Next: nonD1
- Georgia Tech (4-1) Next: @ Florida State
- Oregon (4-1) Next: @ UCLA
- Cincinnati (5-0) Next: Bye
- Notre Dame (4-1) Next: Bye
- Wisconsin (5-0) Next: @ Ohio State
Besides games involving the top 10 teams, here are the potential ranking-impact games.
- UConn @ Pitt
- Nebraska @ Missouri
- Stanford @ Oregon State
- TCU @ Air Force
- Michigan @ Iowa
- Oklahoma State @ Texas A&M