On the Ticket Decision
The NFL knowing the newly added seats would not be ready for the Super Bowl is one thing, but keeping quiet about it is another. Fans buy a legitimate ticket; pay for airfare, lodging, food, and other expenses; and then arrive to the game to find out they can’t get in. Heck yes these people should sue the NFL (and did) … and they should settle for big bucks.
On Short Shorts
- Sure Christina Aguilera screwed up the national anthem’s words, but even if that didn’t happen, I didn’t enjoy her interpretation.
- Sarah and Bristol Palin are seeking a trademark on their names. At least their won’t be any intellectual property involved.
- Daughter Bristol is writing her memoirs. Wow … that has to be riveting.
- As federal budget talks approach and the rhetoric heats up, keep in mind that all sides play their own version of the shell game.
- John Avalon writes about the audience decline of the talking heads of the far right. If true, this helps confirm that they and GOP leadership are misreading the recent election results.
- There is an iPhone app for Roman Catholics to take confession. Huh? Yep … and news enough for columnist Maureen Dowd to have a take. However, this Reuters article says nah baby nah.
- For those interesting in addressing Social Security, read this blog conservation between columnists David Brooks and Gail Collins.
On Burn the Floor
We recently saw the travelling production of Burn the Floor. I would describe it as the following: impressive, entertaining, energetic, athletic, sexy, precise, fast-paced, and fun.
On Solutions for Washington
Sometimes the Republicans have the best idea – other times, the Democrats provide the solution. Other times, we need a blended compromise. Yet other times, we need to do something that Capitol Hill has (at least) meager ability to do – to look outside the box of party lines for a new solution.
On the PGA Season
I enjoy watching the PGA tournaments on the weekend, especially Sunday afternoon. Now that the PGA season is underway, I love this past commercial. Have a safe weekend everyone.