Corporate sponsorships are so much of life today. In the sports world, corporate sponsorships are found on arenas, stadiums, golf tournaments, college football bowls, and who knows how many more places. Wow – I miss the Poulan Weed-Eater Independence Bowl, which actually was one of the first to take the corporate road in 1990.
I image corporate sponsorship of highways in the future – especially toll roads. I can see it now – the next 100 miles on the Pennsylvania Turnpike sponsored by Home Depot. Save those toll receipts because for every 100 dollars in tolls, receive a $10 gift card from Home Depot.
Well – for the 2012 GOP race for the nomination, why not a corporate sponsor for each candidate! For starters, I have some below. Now many of you are far more creative than I am, so feel free to add some suggestions.
- Mitt Romney – Waffle House
- Rick Perry – Hair Club for Men
- Newt Gingrich – Tiffany’s
- Tim Pawlenty – Musak
- Sarah Palin – The Money Store
- Herman Cain – Little Caesar’s
- Jon Huntsman – Mr. Clean
- Michelle Bachmann – Coco Puffs
- Rick Santorum – Preparation H
- Ron Paul – Liberty Mutual