I saw one report showing Mitt Romney’s campaign ads in Florida outnumbered Newt Gingrich ads 13,000 to 200. Wow!
Not that I claim being the originator of the idea, but on more than one occasion I referenced politicians wearing a NASCAR driver-style suit. Interesting, while listening to my favorite political channel on XM (POTUS, 124), a caller mentioned the idea to the host, who happened to love the idea.
A Republican friend and Romney supporter recently told me something very close to the following: “I’m not worried about the Religious Right using the Anti-Mormon vote against Romney because in the end, they will vote for a Mormon over a Muslim.”
This is an after-post addition, but Don provides great a collection of editorial cartoons regarding Punxsutaney Newt.
On Headlines from The Onion
- Team Promotion Allows First 500 Fans to Feed Players
- Area Man Forces Self to Drink Free Refill
- Nation’s Morons March on Washington State
- Internet Collapses on Shear Weight of Baby Pictures
- Sleepwalking Obstetricians Patiently Explained to Refrigerator that it was having an Ectopic Pregnancy
- Fans Excited to Watch Patriots or Giants Lose Super Bowl
On Headlines from the Campaign Trail
- Romney During Victory Speech – “Man, this is a Weak Field” (The Onion)
- Solar Storm Shuts Down Mitt Romney (Satire Wire)
- Gingrich Releases Last Ten Years of Valentine’s Cards (Satire Wire)
- Campaign-Based Concussions on the Rise (Satire Wire)
- Newt Goes After Debate Moderator at Del Boca Vista, Phase II (The Satirical Political Report)
- Obama Criticized for Living in Lavish Mansion while Most Americans Struggle to Make Ends Meet (The Onion)
- Barry Ritholz about Foxification at WSJ
- Thomas Friedman about the World Economy
- George Will’s Interesting Perspective about the State of the Union
- Russ Douthat about Presidential Candidates
- This report says China does NOT hold are highest debt
- The Top 11 Male Porn Names of All-Time (I figure someone may be interested)
Big news of the week is that the company released me early from the project. Things like this happen in the land of temporary/contracted employment. Although I have mixed emotions, I look at the big picture with my head held high and with a smile.
Now that I’m home again, I’m getting used to CNN’s new morning format, Starting Point. Nothing against Soledad, but I prefer American Morning.
For those looking for a place to get suggestions about a color palate, Kuler (from Adobe) is an interesting, and free, site. I’m told it will show users a color palate based on an inputted image. If nothing else, it’s a fun toy.
Interested in an exotic getaway? Hey – seeing the images is a trip in itself! Kay at Pure Complex featured this beautiful resort in the Pacific. Two bits of advice for this instant trip to paradise: Scroll through the images on the home page banner, and then do the same on the other pages. Enjoy!
All bloggers have to deal with spammers, and we are thankful for Akismet. The spammers are fine-tuning their comments to get through, but this one cracked me up. The comment stated about wanting to know more about the subject. Well, it was this Monday Morning Entertainment video.
FYI: I may post on Saturday.
Have a good weekend everyone, and in the words of Garrison Keillor: Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.