Newt Gingrich came to Cincinnati this week, and I didn’t consider giving him any of my time. Even if he was just down the street (which he wasn’t), I have no interest in the boisterous curmudgeon.
By the way, no GOP candidate has 10% of the delegates needed, so Super Tuesday (which includes me in Ohio) could be a big swing for someone. These campaigns are so hungry that they are calling my fax machine to talk to the fax shrill.
As Republicans continue in yearn for President Reagan’s resurrection and return to the political scene, they continue to miss an important point – Whether conservative or liberal, Democrat or Republican, Americans want to a president that they respect and can believe in – and in retrospect, the majority of Americans felt that about Ronald Reagan.
From conservative economist Bruce Bartlett: My concern is that the Republican effort is just a smokescreen to incorporate phony-baloney factors into revenue estimates to justify unlimited tax cutting. How soon before the CBO is required to incorporate estimates from the right-wing Heritage Foundation in its calculations? ….. It is reasonable to assume that the Republicans’ effort to alter the budget process is just another aspect of their goal to politicize policy and institutionalize their philosophy.
I wonder how many times politicians have misused “small business” in their statements.
As the situation in Syria continues and gets more press, our pathetic politicians are a much better alternative to bombing one’s own people.
Here is a classic leading to my next section. Rep. John Fleming (R-LA) thought this story from The Onion was real: Planned Parenthood opening a $8 Billion Abortionplex
On Headlines from The Onion
- Fantastic Roommate Won’t Stop Buying Toilet Paper
- Man in International Airport Only Speaks Business
- New Photos Reveal Stress of Obama’s First Term has Rapidly Aged Americans
- Group of Calm, Confident Squirrels Stroll Upright through Central Park
- Congressman Hurt to Discover Lobbyist not really His Friend
- Intelligent, Condescending Life Discovered in Distant Galaxy
On Headlines from the Campaign Trail
- Ron Paul Blames Florida Loss on Expensive Advertising Costs of Poster Board and Markers (The Onion)
- Coke Super Bowl Features “Mean Mitt Romney (Satirical Political)
- GOP Introduces New Mystery Candidate with Paper Bag Over Head (The Onion)
- Mitt Romney Attacks Ben Franklin’s Poor Richard’s Almanac (Satirical Political)
- GOP Nomination Now Two-Way Race between Romney and Total Voter Apathy (The Onion)
- Right Proves Every Super Bowl Commercial was Pro-Obama (Satirical Political)
- Bruce Bartlett looks back at the Reagan Tax Cuts
- Charles Krautherhammer on Syria
- David Ignatius on Syria
- Blogger Nancy on Space: An Appropriate Frontier
- Great pics of the Milky Way
- This outrageously funny post (and the comments too) from Les about the Glitter E. Yaynus Award
Just learned about the Abrahamic Council – a group of Christian, Jewish, and Muslim scholars committed to longer-term dialogue.
Why are banks sitting on a robust of cash (thus not lending)?
Our handbell ensemble plays this weekend. It’s a very calm piece, which you can hear with a click. However, we do this without a vocalist, use different striker settings, but hopefully with the flute.
FYI: I will be posting tomorrow.
Have a good weekend everyone, and in the words of Garrison Keillor, Be well, do good work, and keep in touch. Here is an interesting song to send us into the weekend. (Thanks xandi.)