My hat is off to our Kabuki Congress for doing nothing overly stupid this week. Yep, one of the benefits of their summer recess.
A special thank you to the U.S. Supreme Court. As evident on more than one occasion from each side, your Citizens United decision has elevated the use of distortion and incorrectness to a new level.
On Headlines from The Onion
- Scientists Say Venom Taken from Politicians Could Provide Medical Benefits
- Blind Archer Sets New World Record before Accidently Murdering Eight
- Obama Slips “Hope” into Speech for Fans
- Romney Stuck in Endless Loop of Uncomfortable Chuckling
- Area Family Awakens to Find Michelle Obama Tending Backyard Garden
- World Leader Wondering Way He Met with Former Governor
- Biden’s eBay Feedback Rating Dips Below 35 Percent
Columnist David Ignatius about Saudi Arabia
Columnist Kathleen Parker on First Ladies
Columnist George Will on the Dangers of Football
Christianity and History of Science Infographic
Three-Ingredient Recipes from Food and Wine magazine
Why Sand doesn’t Stick to Volleyball Players
Woo hoo!!!! A break in the weather is possible for the weekend.
I continue to be discouraged by this summer’s decline in stats, but extremely appreciative to those who take the time to stop by … especially those who comment.
For fans of my weekend classic cartoon posts, no post this weekend because of a busy schedule.
This weekend we are celebrating my in-laws Diamond Anniversary (60th) with a grand party involving friends and family. That’s them on their wedding day. Below the pic is a video of one of their favorite songs. Have a safe weekend everyone. In the words of Garrison Keillor, Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.