Here are fact checks on the presidential town hall debate.
Gotta love Greatsby’s notes through pictures of the recent presidential debate.
I appreciate this bit of advice from Chris at Nachos Grande (who also happens to be the first person to comment on this blog): I won’t engage in political talks with people I don’t know. You can argue with buffoons and too many people who want to argue politics are buffoons – and from both sides of the political aisle.
On This Week’s Headlines from The Onion
- The Onion Wins Nobel Prize in Overall Excellence
- Polls Reveal Essential Nothing
- Spielberg Panics, Adds Comical Groin Injury to Lincoln
- Millions Head to Internet to Figure Out Own Opinions about Debate
- Man on Personal Mission to Explain Why He Universally Enjoys Things that are Bad
- Whales Beach Themselves in Attempt to Purchase The Onion Book of Known Knowledge
- Columnist David Ignatius on the 3 am question
- Calculating the age of Earth and the universe
- Is Learning a Product or Process?
- An humorous view of using facts
- 41 facts about chocolate you may not know
- Headaches for party leaders from retiring centrists
I just returned from a fun event playing night golf. Yep … the glow-in-the-dark ball, a glow stick on the flagstick and in the hole, my clubs, and a flashlight.
Sometimes timing is everything. When I wrote and published yesterday’s Movember post about cancer and Proctober, I didn’t realize that I have an appointment on Friday at the urologist.
Earlier this week I announced my candidacy for Worldly High President of the Not-Freshly Pressed Community (NFPC). Some wonder about the title. Any suggestions?
This week I met my first blogger who happens to be a very loyal reader here. Thanks for the delightful day John Erickson!
On my trip, I saw this office building approaching and drive by for the first time – the headquarters for Longaberger Baskets.
A ginger ale update: I purchased more varieties and hope report next week. Meanwhile, Suranac Ginger Beer was on the smooth side and very balanced – thus bumps Hansen’s on advancing to the competition round.
Sorry – but no classic cartoon post this Saturday morning. HOWEVER, I want to something, so I hope to have a light post for your weekend.
Let’s go into the weekend with some class with the great voices of Katherine Jenkins and Placido Domingo Have a good weekend! In the words of Garrison Keillor, Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.