Sure seems that both parties are still believing in the governing-by-ultimatums approach
Political observers notice that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) has been very unhappy with various cabinet choices by President Obama. The probable reason is simple – he faces a primary challenge in 2014.
Congress may have reached a end-of-the-year tax compromise, but the next 3 months are going to be business as usual – nothing
A special thanks to Alex Jones, guest on Piers Morgan, for demonstrating my point about a national conversation regarding gun control. For those that did see it, here’s an interesting 6 minutes.
On This Week’s Headlines from The Onion
- Ornithologist forced to participate in History Channel’s “What if Human Beings Suddenly Became Birds” program
- Walgreen manager certain dead father would have been proud of Crest toothpaste display
- Asshole on plane greeted at baggage claim by whole family
- Four copy editors killed in ongoing AP Style-Chicago Manual gang violence
- Man returns to work after vacation with fresh, re-energized hatred for job
- Biden’s handlers suggesting he forget the words “pink” and “stink” together
Augustine’s two books and Genesis
Humans as violent animals
The development of jazz
Seven shapers of technology in 2013
Infographic: The Internet – a decade later
Wow – baseball spring training is 5 weeks away.
Earlier this week, the baseball writers didn’t elect anyone to the Hall of Fame. That;s fine – and so is the treatment to the steroid guys. But their vote reminded me of something they said in the past. They stated that Pete Rose’s eligibility had run out, so he wouldn’t appear on the ballot. Hello – because he was never eligible to be on the ballot, how could his eligibility expire?
Good news – Saturday will deliver the first classic cartoon post of 2013.
To send you into the weekend, let’s take a trip to the Star Wars’ Cantina for the band – well, a different version of it. Have a good weekend! In the words of Garrison Keillor, Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.