Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX) has introduced the High Quality Research Act. Do I seem like a person who trusts a Tea Party Republican from Texas trying to control National Science Foundation (NSF) funding?
This editorial cartoon explains so much.
On This Week’s Headlines from The Onion
Couple at point they are comfortable using toilet at the same time
Applebee’s introduces 50 appetizers for $250
Sparrow thinks it might have bird flu after puking seeds all morning
Divorce hard on screen door
US Politics Special Edition
- Mitt Romney drops by to see how down-and-out family he met on campaign trail is doing
- Obama order reinvasion of Iraq after illuminating trip through Bush Presidential Library
- Joe Biden publishes 7 techniques for enlarging your member
- Dick Cheney Vice Presidential Library opens in dark, sulfurous, underground cave
- Secretary of State Kerry lost somewhere in the Gobi Desert
Two Interesting Slideshows
National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest entries
Because I’m seeking help for promoting the A Frank Angle Challenge that I introduced yesterday, feel free to publicize it.
Cheers to NBA player Jason Collins!
Jeers to ESPN the Magazine Senior Writer Chris Broussard for thinking he represents all Christians regarding homosexuality.
A few value California wine values from Wine Spectator
- Red: Cameron Hughes Syrah (Lot 341 2010), Toad Hollow Merlot (Russian River 2009), Plungerhead Zinfandel (Lodi Old Vine 2011), Bogle Merlot (California 2010), Castle Rock Zinfandel (Lodi 2011)
- Rose: Halter Ranch Rose (Paso Robles 2011)
- White: Husch Chenin Blanc (Mendicino 2011), Bonterra Viognier (Mendicino 2011)
OUCH! Last year, the Cincinnati Reds had 11 players on the Disabled List (DL). This year, after one month of a six-month season, 7 Reds players have visited the DL.
There will be a Saturday Morning Cartoon feature this weekend.
To send you into the weekend, enjoy this musical montage tribute to the Marx Brothers. Have a good weekend! In the words of Garrison Keillor, Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.