Alright everyone For those who don’t know the words, look below the video because it’s sing-a-long time.
The real, great adventures of me, Tom Terrific! I’m Tom Terrific,
with Mighty Manfred, the Wonder Dog!
I’m Tom Terrific, greatest hero ever!
Terrific is the name for me, ’cause I’m so clever.
I can be what I want to be, and if you’d like to see,
Follow, and follow me! If you see a plane up-high,
A diesel train go roaring by.
A bumble bee, or a tree, it’s me! When there is trouble,
I’m there on the double.
From the Atlantic to the Pacific,
They know Tom Terrific! Aaand, I’m Mighty Manfred, the Wonder dog,
Aaand Tom’s ever faithful companion.
- Tom Terrific, a kid hero living in a treehouse
- Funnel-shaped hat (called the Transformation Trinket) made him smarter and could transform him into what he wanted in order to solve the problem
- Accompanied by Mighty Manfred the Wonder Dog
- Terrific was ranked # 32 by TV Guide magazine among its “50 Greatest TV Cartoon Characters
- Created by Gene Deitch under the Terrytoons studio
- Deitch adapted Tom from his earlier newspaper comic strip, “Terr’ble Thompson!”
- Created specifically for the Captain Kangaroo show from 1957-1959. After 1962, Tom Terrific would be broadcast every other week, alternating with Lariat Sam
- All the voices were performed by Lionel Wilson
- black and white drawings + simple animation = low budget
- Terrytones produced 26 stories produced with each story split into five parts for broadcast each weekday morning, therefore 130 five-minute shorts produced
- Later on Captain Kangaroo, episodes were edited for two episodes
Mighty Manfred the Wonder Dog was a lazy dog with a big appetite
Manfred inspired this music group (Mighty Manfred and the Wonderdogs)
Arch-foe named Crabby Appleton, whose motto was, “I’m rotten to the core!”
Other foes included Mr. Instant, the Instant Thing King, Captain Kidney Bean, Sweet Tooth Sam, the Candy Bandit, the Silly Sandman, and Isotope Feeney, and The Meany
Crabby Appleton inspired this music group
Enjoy The Next Part about Isotope Feeney’s Foolish Fog (embedding is disabled)