Earlier this week I called my Congressional representative’s office and stated three easy-to-understand points: I’m not happy, get something done now, and he won’t be getting by vote in 2014. Then again, because I’m not a donor, he probably doesn’t care. In the end, he voted against reopening the government and extended the debt ceiling.
Now that the US government is open again for business, I wonder these two questions:
- If it possible that Speaker Boehner (R-OH) purposely administered more rope to the far right?
- Because the deal moves new deadlines to January and February (2014), will the recent situation replay in a few months?
I heard this interesting comment earlier in the week: I call upon all of you to wage a second American nonviolent revolution, to use civil disobedience to demand that this president leave town, to get up, to put the Quran down, to get up off his knees, and to figuratively come out with his hands up.
Two good truthful chuckles
- Polls show that the people favor the Affordable Care Act over Obamacare – which (for my foreign audience) are the same thing
- Interesting freshman roommates: Tea-Party advocate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Craig Mazin, co-screenwriter for the Hangover movies
The rollout of the government’s healthcare insurance site is pathetic.
With all the talk about the Washington Redskins changing their name, my shared this one with me: Redskins considering dropping Washington from their name
To help show the Washington discourse and the biased perspectives, see these real headlines:
- Republicans need to Dump the Tea Party
- Democrats Show Their Insincerity
- The Republican Party’s Age of Unreason
- Obama’s intransigence is a big bluff’
- Democrats Waiting for GOP Surrender on Shutdown A Small President on a World Stage
- Give Boehner a Break
- In Nixing Weekend Deal, Dems Exposed
- Republicans Will Pay for This
- Obama Can’t Waste This Moment
- Boehner is Speaker in Name Only
- The Presidency is No Place for Amateurs
On This Week’s Headlines from The Onion
- Cereal commercial completely neglects showing numerous life problems character faces beyond breakfast
- Internet rocks by blogger’s sarcastic sensibility
- Chipmunk’s plan for future better crafted than 8 of 10 Americans
- New Pumpkin Spice Channel offers fall-themed hardcore porn
- Thursday’s cry moved up to Wednesday due to scheduling conflict
- Heroic broken sewage pipe flood Congress
The American stalemate
Wow paintings from a Russian artist (Thank you Patti)
Both parties blundering columnist Michael Barone
A tribute to one of the original astronauts: Scott Carpenter
US, China, and Middle Eastern Oil
Five Misconceptions about Columbus
One Man’s Love for Math
Look what made Smithsonian Magazine’s “20 Most Iconic Foods Across America!”
Home decorating tips for Halloween from The Onion
Upcoming Celebrations Calendar
- (Fri) Chocolate Cupcakes Day, No Beard Day, Alaska Day
- (Sat) Menopause Day, Bridge Day, Evaluate Your Life Day, Sweetest Day, Seafood Bisque Day
- (Sun) Toy Camera Day, Brandied Fruit Day
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame recently announced its 2014 nominees. NWA, The Replacements, Hall & Oates, LL Cool, and Link Wray are some of the nominees more worthy than the Moody Blues. At least Yes is on the ballot. Finally! Although this museum is a worthwhile visit, I continue to question its selection rationale and process.
A Saturday Morning Cartoon is next!
To send you into the weekend, a cheer to a rock classic, Roundabout by Yes – but as an acoustic version. Have a safe weekend and in the words of Garrison Keillor, Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.