Is there a difference between a politician rebranding, repositioning, or evolving for personal gain and lying?
As the Benghazi beat goes on, I ponder this question: White House spin and Republican conspiracy theories? After all, both ways produce misinformation.
The kidnapping of the Nigerian girls is sad and pathetic. However, the conservative spin doctors have amazingly determined the real cause of Boko Haram’s actions – Hillary Clinton! Read it for yourself here. It’s probably safe to say that if she wasn’t a strong potential 2016 candidate for the Democrats, she wouldn’t have been blamed.
With many political pundits focusing on former Governor Jeb Bush (R-FL) as a potential GOP presidential candidate in 2016, I found this article interesting.
When it comes to caring for veterans, both parties are woefully inadequate.
On This Week’s Headlines from The Onion
- Stone-hearted ice witch forgoes exclamation point
- Study: Seeing Jesus in toast is perfectly normal
- Pharmaceutical industry reeling as more mom’s making vaccines at home
- Opposing team terrified after seeing home fans all wearing same color t-shirt
- Budget woes force Heaven to reduce eternal life to 500 billion years
- Report: Growing number of Americans forced to make ends meet by collaborating on song with Pitbull
Bonus Tips from The Onion
- Two from Columnist Michael Gerson: Aversion to science – The tension between science and theology
- Video animation of historical carbon dioxide levels
- Religious harassment across the globe
- Ballroom dance benefits the elderly (Thanks Elyse)
- Four rocks that look like people
The coal mining accident in Turkey is horrible. Peace and strength to all involved and affected.
Multiple US cities are hosting the Great American Beer Run, in which participates get a pint of craft beer every half mile (800 meters). The event’s FAQ page is a good one.
Running events are common fundraisers. In Cincinnati last weekend one charity effort involved running .05K …. that’s 164 feet (50 meters).
Wow – the dedication of the 9/11 Memorial Museum was quite moving.
The current season of Dancing with the Stars is nearing an end. Overall, the dancing has been very good. As in past years, viewer voting did something stupid. How and the heck could Charlie White get the lowest number of votes?
Life: The Musical returns next week, so I will announce the Act 4 theme on the next edition of Monday Morning Entertainment.
Time has worked against me this week, so no Saturday Morning Cartoon Classic post this weekend.
Your weekend celebrations
- (Fri) Bats Day, Biographer’s Day, Endangered Species Day, Virtual Assistants Day, O. Henry Pun-Off Day, NASCAR Day, Bike to Work Day, Pizza Party Day, Spaghetti-Os Day, Sea Monkey Day, Pickle Day, Piercing Day, Coquilles St. Jacques Day
- (Sat) Mike: the Headless Chicken Day, Armed Forces Day, Morel Mushroom Day, Merry-Go-Round Day, Rat Pack Day, Hypertension Day, Turn Beauty Inside Out Day, Information Society Day, Telecommunications Day, Neurofibromatosis Day, Cherry Cobbler Day
- (Sun) I Love Reeses Day, Museum Day, HIV Vaccine Awareness Day, Mother Whistler Day, Neighbor Day, Visit Your Relatives Day, Cheese Souffle Day, No Dirty Dishes Day
To send you into the weekend, let’s travel back to 1965 when. Dominigo Zamudio had the first Billboard Number One Record of the Year that never made it to #1 on any week – a feat that stood alone for 35 years. Dominigo Zamudio? Yep – he’s also known as Sam. Have a safe weekend and in the words of Garrison Keillor, Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.