Wow! We had a full weekend, so how was yours? Come on now … tell us about.
Friday’s key event was the handbell choir playing for the Southern Ohio Lutherans at the convention’s service. Weaver Chapel at Wittenberg University served as a wonderful setting (but in an acoustic sense, it’s a tough place for bell choirs. Nonetheless, we played well and many strangers stopped by to say their appreciation for our effort.
Although Wittenberg is a 90-minute drive time away, we were able to return to the dance studio for the receptionist’s final day … so we got a little dance time.
Last week I cleaned my grandmother’s sewing machine … the kind with the foot pedal to move the needle. It’s been in various basements and storage sheds for the past 30 years, and we received it from my sister last year. It was an easy restoration, and we replaced the damaged lid with a piece of granite that come on Saturday … it’s now a beautiful small corner table. Hopefully I’ll share a pic before the end of the week.
Saturday night we hosted our dinner group … actually the first non-family event at the new address. With “Fruit” as the theme, the evening was filled with good food, good people, and good wine. (I figs were my favorite.)
- (Course 1) Toasted Olive and Cheese Bread, Grilled Figs Wrapped in Prosciutto Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Agave Nectar, Sparkling White Sangria
- (Course 2) Chilled Strawberry Soup and Pineapple & Almond Bread
- (Course 3) Roasted Pork Loin Stuffed with Mango and Rhubarb and Topped with a Bourbon-Strawberry-Rhubarb Sauce, Pasta (Gemelli) Salad with a Citrus Vinaigrette
- (Course 4) Strawberry Jello Cheesecake
- (Week) Clothesline Week, Body Piercing Week, Flag Week, Men’s Health Week, Automotive Service Professionals Week, Graffiti Week, Clay Week, Pet Appreciation Week, Fraternal Week, Nursing Assistants Week, Meet a Man Week
- (Mon) Donald Duck Day, Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (APS) Day, Abused Women and Children’s Awareness, Strawberry Rhubarb Day
- (Tues) Ball Point Pen Day, Iced Tea Day, Alcoholics Anonymous Founders Day, Pet Memorial Day, Black Cow Day
- (Wed) Corn on the Cob Day, Nachos Day, German Chocolate Day
- (Thurs) Crowded Best Awareness Day, Loving Day, Jerky Day, Peanut Butter Cookie Day, Nurse Assistants Day, Day Against Child Labor
Life: The Musical returns this week. With the previous acts of Life, Born, Name, and Youth, Act 5 focuses on dreams. So start looking for your song titles that include dream(s), dreamers, dreaming, and compound words beginning with dream. Curtain time for Act 5 will be Wednesday, 9:30 PM (Eastern USA).
My unknown eye condition remained stable over the weekend. Although last week’s test were negative, the condition is now persistent … so I’ll be contacting the doctor Monday morning.
The Carol Burnett Show from 1967-1978 was highly successful. Although comedian Tim Convoy was famous for making actors laugh when they weren’t supposed to, the role is reversed in this clip. Enjoy and have a great week.