Wow! We had fabulous weather for an extended holiday weekend. How was your weekend weather and what did you do?
Given the great weather, we took advantage of it for some fun activities. Whew … we stayed busy, but we also had some downtime!
- Hosted a few dance friends for dinner and dance
- Attended an outdoor concert of the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra (which is one of the better Pops groups in the US) … and they featured opera soprano Jacqueline Echols and a unique string trio named Time for Three (here’s their opening song)
- Walked to town (about 2 miles, 3.2 km) for lunch and a shaved ice treat, and of course the return uphill walk
- Attended a neighborhood party featuring the host’s just-completed beer
- Took a long night walk in a lightning bug sanctuary (wow … a lot of blinking bugs!) … Impressive!!!!!
- Worked on the lawn
- Attended a small dinner/cookout at the invitation of good friends
Celebrations for the week
- (Week) Music for Life Week, Laughter Week, Laundry Workers Week, Take Charge of Change Week, Therapeutic Recreation Week, Freedom Week, Be Nice to New Jersey Week, Farriers Week, Creative Maladjustment Week, Rude Recreation Week
- (Mon) Chocolate Day, Father-Daughter Take a Walk Together Day, Forgiveness Day, Tell the Truth Day, Strawberry Sundae Day, Macaroni Day, Ice Cream Cone Day
- (Tues) Math 2.0 Day, Savor the Comic Day, Unplug the Drama Day, Milk Chocolate with Almonds Day, Town Crier Day, Don’t Put All Your Eggs on One Omelet Day
- (Wed) Martyrdom of the Bab, Sugar Cookie Day
- (Thurs) Don’t Step on a Bee Day, Hot Dog Night, Pina Colada Day, Teddy Bears’ Picnic Day, Coke – the Real Thing Day
Those who know Elyse probably realize she has a new puppy … Duncan … and I imagine the odds are good that he will like to chase a ball. Have a good week!