I hope you had a wonderful weekend. What did you do? Did the weather cooperated by providing a chance to see the Super Moon? We had hot and muggy, and late afternoon Sunday delivered storms and needed rain … which also means a few days ahead will be uncharacteristic fall-like conditions.
My wife went away for the weekend with her sister and dad to visit our niece, who is doing an internship in Michigan. Correct, I was never invited. Nonetheless, I stayed busy with an evening of ballroom (it’s good to dance with others), many hours with hoses and watering, hosted a friend for dinner before we went to my brewer neighbor, attended a British car show, watched baseball, and even prepared the next Saturday Morning Cartoon post.
The majority of cars at the British car show were vintage … that is from the 1970s and earlier. You know the names: MG, Rolls Royce, Austin Heeley, Jaguar, Triumph, Mini Cooper, Morgan, Sunbeam, Lotus, and a few others. Plus, attending was a good way to support two friends in that club.
Thanks for the many inquiries about my eye. Although the problem still exists, the retina specialist saw vast improvement – that is, the differences he sees in my eye over 4-5 weeks usually takes 2-3 months … so we will continue doing what we’ve been doing – nothing. I visit my primary physician on Monday for additional consultation.
Life: The Musical returns this week. Act 7 features songs with any of the following words in the title: school, student, or teacher. The curtain goes up on Wednesday, 9:30 pm (Eastern US). Hopefully we can improve from the numerous rejections in Act 6. 😉
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Ventriloquism Week, Baby Food Week, Rabbit Week, Sports Cliche Week
- (Mon) Nude Day, Shark Awareness Day, Grand Marnier Day, Pick Blueberries Day, Tape Measure Day, Corkboard Day
- (Tues) Be a Dork Day, Gummi Worm Day, Woodie Wagon Day
- (Wed) Ride to Work Day, Corn Fritters Day, Ice Cream Sundae Day, Fresh Spinach Day, Hot Dog Day, Juggling Day
- (Thurs) Yellow Pig Day, Wrong-Way Corrigan Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day, Get Out of the Doghouse Day, Peach Ice Cream Day
For your Monday Morning Entertainment, let’s use the archives of Stupid Pet Tricks from the Late Show with David Letterman. Enjoy and have a good week!