Here’s a surprise – A full weekend for us of ballroom, a special dance competition, a birthday party, and we saw the movie The Trip to Italy, which wasn’t my cup of tea but the scenery and the food looked fabulous. The dance competition was so special, I should do a post on it. The handbell choir played again this weekend, and 1 or 2 people noticed I wasn’t playing, thus said something. For those interested, here’s their piece.
Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends for their Monday celebration. Don’t forget to search Trash Can Turkey on YouTube because that’s how Catherine’s (@Always a Redhead) family cooks their turkey. Fascinating, especially because I never heard of this.
Life: The Musical returns this week with Act 10 being all about Play … after all, Act 9 featured Work. So get your songs ready with any of the following in the title: Play, Playing, Fun (not funny), OR any fun activity. Be careful because some word as Play and Playing can be used in situations that aren’t fun, in which the producer could be a bit testy. Curtain time is this Wednesday, 9:30 PM (Eastern US).
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Pet Peeve Week, Take Your Medicine Week, Bone & Joint Health Awareness Week, Earth Science Week, Getting the World to Beat a Path to Your Door Week, Chestnut Week, Food Bank Week, Teen Read Week, Veterinary Technicians Week, Week without Violence Week, Rainforest Week, Food & Drug Interactions Week, Space Week, Fire Prevention Week, Home Based Business Week
- (Mon) Kick Butt Day, Yorkshire Pudding Day, Skeptics Day, African Penguin Awareness Day, Chess Day, Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day, International Day of Failure, Egg Day, Train Your Brain Day, Canadian Thanksgiving
- (Tues) Wear It Pink Day, Be Bald and Be Free Day (Bold is Beautiful Day), Face Your Fears Day, Spider Man Day, Chocolate Covered Insects Day
- (Wed) Hagfish Day, Information Overload Day, Mushroom Day, Day of Rural Women, Roasted Pheasant Day, Chicken Cacciatore Day, Cake Decorating Day, I Love Lucy Day, Fossil Day, Poetry Day, Take Your Parents to Lunch Day, Grouch Day, Latino AIDS Awareness Day, White Cane Safety Day, Mom is a Student Day, Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day
- (Thurs) Department Store Day, Oatmeal Day, Dictionary Day, Boss’s Day (which is actually everyday), Get to Know Your Customers Day, Get Smart about Credit Day, Feral Cat Day, World Food Day, Conflict Resolution Day, Spirit Day
To send you into the week with a smile, here’s a local news report about an annual Cincinnati event that occurred in September. Besides, I imagine somebody somewhere celebrated Octoberfest this past weekend. I love this because I can see two of the dogs of friends in our new neighborhood doing this … especially with me at one end. Enjoy and have a good week.