Happy December! … but the next post will toast the new month.
How was your weekend? For those in the US, how was your Thanksgiving holiday?
We drove to the opposite corner of the state (about 220 miles/354 km) for Thanksgiving at my SIL’s. Our small gathering of 9 had a good time. We avoid shopping on this holiday, so four of us played many hours of euchre on Friday .. well, actually 144 deals. Our end-of-the-day drive back to the hotel involved dealing with the snowy roads that hadn’t been plowed … but it was manageable.
After returning home on Saturday, we stayed in to watch some recorded TV shows. Because we didn’t get any ballroom rime, we took to the dance floor Sunday evening (something we normally don’t do).
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Cookie Cutter Week, Festival of the Trees, Tolerance Week, Coelenterate Biology Week, Older Drive Safety Awareness Week, Clerc-Gallaudet Week, Aplastic Anemia Awareness Week, Hand Washing Awareness Week, Deaf Heritage Week
- (Mon) Eat a Red Apple Day, Pie Day, Cyber Monday, World AIDS Day, Rosa parks Day, Day With(out) Art Day, Civil Air Patrol Day, Bifocals at the Monitor Liberation Day
- (Tues) Apple Pie Day, Fritters Day, Giving Tuesday, Science Fiction Day, Coats for Kids Day, Special Education Day, Mutt Day, Abolition of Slavery Day
- (Wed) Special Kids Day, Roof Over Your Head Day, Make a Gift Day, Persons with Disabilities Day
- (Thurs) Cookie Day, Dice Day, Wear Brown Shoes Day, Hug Day, Wildlife Conservation Day, Lover’s Day, Santa’s List Day, Extraordinary Work Team Recognition Day
To start your week, here’s commercial that the US audience may know. The words make me laugh, so listen. Have a good week.