A New Year’s greetings to all!!!
Although I’ve been posting and replying to comments, sorry that I haven’t been visiting much. Break has been good, but I will return to your wonderful blogs very soon. This post is similar to the Opinions in the Shorts assortment, but without the opinions.
2014 was a year of several milestones (150oth post, 200,000th visit, and 5000th follower) – the later is relatively meaningless because most of them don’t visit after following. On the downside, my consecutive streak of years Freshly Pressed ended at two, stats are way down (that’s OK because I enjoy this and my commenters), and I fell short of 50,000th comment (which should be early in 2015).
Many thanks to all my visitors, especially those who comment. Cheers to my top 5 commenters (according to WP): Lame, Elyse, Val, Carrie, & Marina!!! A special shout-out to Catherine because I don’t think WP counts her.
For those who enjoy looking at the annual reports, here’s mine.
Closing the year requires a touch from The Onion.
- The Onion’s Person of the Year (2014)
- Top 10 Apps for 2014
- Those we lost in 2014
- Top 10 TV moments of 2014
- 10 people who made no difference in 2014
- Top 10 Drones of 2014
Celebrations to start your year
- (Thurs) Bad Hangover Day, Mummers Parade Day, Euro Day, Commitment Day, Bowling Day, Copyright Law Day, Beanie Babies Day, First Foot Day, Global Family Day, Bloody Mary Day, New Year’s Dishonor List Day, Polar Bear Plunge Day, Z Day
- (Fri) Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy Day, Happy Mew Year for Cats Day, Swiss Cheese Day, Cream Puff Day, Science Fiction Day, Pet Travel Safety Day, Buffet day, Motivation & Inspiration Day, 55 mph Speed Limit Day, Boo Boo Bear Day, Run up the Flagpole to See if Anyone Salutes Day
- (Sat) Drinking Straw Day, Fruitcake Toss Day, J.R.R. Tolkien Day, Remember You Die Day, Chocolate Covered Cherry Day, Women Rock Day, Festival of Sleep Day, Write to Congress Day, Humiliation Day, Brooklyn Bridge Day
- (Sun) Pop Music Chart Day, Tom Thumb Day, Trivia Day, Spaghetti Day, Appendectomy Day, Blender Day, Roller Skates Day, Free Flower Basket Day, Dimpled Chad Day
The next post will feature January, then followed by one or two Explore posts before returning to the normal routine. I’m thinking about doing more Explore topics in the future, so I will gladly consider your recommendations. Any ideas?
To keep 2015 on a positive track, I’ll announce the theme for the next act of Life: The Musical on the upcoming Monday Morning Entertainment.
When I heard these songs from the past the other day, I immediately thought they are fitting for the occasion. After all, let’s go into the new year with a some bounce in our steps.
Happy New Year everyone … and cheers to a positive life in 2015!!!!