Another weekend has past. What did you do?
A portion of Christianity (not the Orthodox) celebrated the highest Holy Day of the church calendar, thus we attended a wonderful service – plus hosting my father-in-law for dinner. Surprise, surprise … no ballroom for us this weekend because we traveled to northern Indiana to visit an aunt who recently moved.
With my weekend travels, I’m behind on replying to comments on Saturday’s Explore travels to India. Couple that with being behind on visiting, I won’t be posting on Tuesday … thus the next post will be Wednesday, Satire Bits. I have posts in the queue that I could use, but passing on a day is the right thing to do.
Monday is Opening Day in Cincinnati as the Reds start the baseball season. It’s a big day here, so I may spend a few hours walking around downtown taking in the sights and the festivities … but I won’t decide until Monday morning. Until Major League Baseball (MLB) elevated their level of greed, Opening Day in Cincinnati was the official start to the season for the entire league … but no more as officially starts Sunday night for television dollars … and even (some years) somewhere aboard … therefore, we in Cincinnati simply ignore that event.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Straw Hat Week, Astronomy Week, Scoop the Poop Week, Read a Road Map Week, Bat Appreciation Week, Library Week, Robotics Week, Explore Your Career Options Week, Blue Ribbon Week, Public Health Week, Window Safety Week, Egg Salad Week, Mule Days, Bake Week, Medic Alert Week, Publicity Stunt Week, Cherry Blossom Week, Week of the Young Child, Birthparents Week
- (Mon) Jump Over Things Day, Caramel Popcorn Day, Sorry Charlie Day, New Beers Eve, Plan Your Epitaph Day, Tartan Day, North Pole Day, TV Dinner Day, Post-It Notes Day, Teflon Day, Tater Day for Sweet Potatoes, Hostess Twinkie Day, North Pole Day, Drowsy Drive Awareness Day, Day of Sport for Development & Peace, Alcohol Screening Day
- (Tues) Beer Day, Beaver Day, Coffee Cake Day, Metric System Day, No Housework Day, Snailpapers Day, Public Television Day, Empowered Women Entrepreneurs Day, World Health Organization Day, Sexual Assault Awareness Day of Action
- (Wed) Draw a Bird Day, Roma Day, Dog Fighting Awareness Day, Empanada Day, Trading Cards for Grown-Ups Day, All is Ours Day, Zoo Lovers Day, Tutor Appreciation Day, Milk in Glass Bottles Day, Astronomy Day
- (Thurs) Name Yourself Day, Cherish an Antique Day, Former Prisoner of War Recognition Day, D.A.R.E Day, Chinese Almond Cookie Day, Bataan Day, TV Guide Day, Powdered Milk Day, Listening Day, Jenkins Ear Day, Winston Churchill Day, Appomattox Day
There are times when opposites attract, thus making odd friendships or couples. Enjoy these examples from the unexpected. Have a good week.