Cheers to your efforts of making Act 3 of Dance The Musical a success.
In the next and last act for Dance: The Musical, Act 4 provides the biggest challenge of any musical act.
- Songs must feature the name of a dance in the title
- Waltz, Macarena, and Hokey Pokey are acceptable examples … BUT ….
- No dance can be used more than once
- No children songs
- Info is on the Hear Ye page
- Performance time: next Tuesday at 9:30 pm (Eastern US)
I will probably have an Explore post this weekend.Embed from Getty Images
Wouldn’t you know it. Kim Davis (the Kentucky County Clerk) finally made a good decision, and then screws it up when she added a disclaimer line to the marriage license. The lady doesn’t get it and I think she’s getting lousy legal advice. Meanwhile, The Onion got their word in by doing this profile on her.
In terms of the second Republican Debate, yep – I followed my same format as before: deciding not to watch, then get some information from a variety of talking heads. The day after I watched both CNN and Fox News … and I came away with the same conclusion about these two networks – There’s no way they were talking about the same event – although the difference wasn’t as vastly different as after the first debate.
I discovered (from NPR) the amount of talk-time for each candidate in the second debate. The data supports my idea that the “debate” is the wrong term. Although the evening’s rules naturally skew the results.
For the interested, here are various FactChecks from the event: PolitiFacts, Washington Post, CNN, Fox News, Associated Press
To lead you into this week’s satire, here’s The Onion’s help to parent when talking to children about death.Embed from Getty Images
Weekly Headlines from The Onion (Combos welcome)
- Juggler’s Medication Wears Off Halfway Through Routine
- Report: 92% Of Americans Would Have Gotten Over Ex By Now
- Report: Oyster Cracker–Wise, Nation Doing Pretty Good
- Google Engineers Invent New Body Part To Strap Gadgets Onto
- Weather Report: Upturned earthworms imminent
- Gender Guessed Correctly On Second Try
Pope Francis and the Vatican: Who changes who?
The blind hiker
China’s growing middle class
Africa’s population boom
(Video) Connection in and through dance (Thanks Lame)
(Photos) Autumn in Alaska
Here is another two-fer to lead you into the weekend. A leftover from Act 4 (I was surprised it wasn’t used) and a rock classic. Have a safe weekend and in the words of Garrison Keillor, Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.