With my wife’s retirement and our wedding anniversary, last week was huge for us. Tuesday afternoon was her retirement party at work, then Tuesday night came my salute to #31. She appreciated the many comments from my blogging community, so here’s her comment late in the string.
Thanks to all of you bloggers for the kind wishes in my new retirement life. If the Frank Angle disappears from the web for a while, it will either because we’re having such a good time that he’s never home, or our constant togetherness resulted in a homicide! I’m hoping for the former.
Here’s a snapshot of our happenings
- Her last work day, so she was home by noon
- Walking our typical 2-mile loop … but in the afternoon
- Dinner at Seasons 52 to celebrate her retirement and our upcoming anniversary
- Breakfast out (@First Watch) to celebrate her first day off
- Walked our loop
- I worked 3-7
- She went to dinner with neighbors who invited her
- We met at the dance studio where I planned a surprise retirement celebration
Official 39th anniversary day – but in the evening we attended a birthday gathering for a friend
As I’ve written on these pages many times, Blog breaks are good. I try to take several per year, and I know the time for one is now. For me, the break won’t be one of total avoidance because I want to spend time visiting others. After all, I’ve been very negligent recently – which is one of the signs I use to determine the need for a break.
I’m envisioning two weeks, but time will tell. Because of the positive response for featuring Pink Martini, here’s a live version of Amado Mio to send you into my blog break. Meanwhile, remember these words from a great American storyteller – Garrison Keillor – Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.