No weekend concert series this weekend. I have no definite timetable for their return, but I’m thinking June.
On the plus side, the beach walk series returns Sunday evening.
Regulars may remember my love for the Flora-Bama – a great roadhouse on the Florida side of the border with Alabama. Last week, Kenny Chesney made this surprise appearance in the room we frequent.
Several blog milestones are approaching: Views #400,000, OITS #400, and Post #2,200.
Golf League started earlier this week. With only one day of playing in 2019, I didn’t expect much of myself – so I accepted a wide range of inconsistency.
We recently saw an interesting production of You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown. Instead of the normal assortment of cast and orchestra, the cast doubled as the musicians – therefore, each person displayed a variety of talents.
We recently attended an enjoyable concert by the Ambassadors, a select group of the Cincinnati Boys Choir. And to think these young people sang many of the songs in foreign languages!
My journey with the Quickstep routine has been interesting – especially working around 6 weeks down south plus the recent cruise adventure of almost 3 weeks. With one week to go, we are finally to the polish stage … but I can’t wait until it is over.
Have you ever played Singo? We stumbled across it one evening at a local establishment. Interesting and fun. Here’s a short video about it.
For me, this local story would seem to be from The Onion – but oh no – it’s real. Seems a group of adults started fighting at Chuck E Cheeze.
Warning: Those with low tolerance and being easily offended should not read The Onion headlines and my combo.
The recent Senate Hearing involving Attorney General Barr was all about political theater – not fact-finding – not what is best for the country – but pure party-first political theater. This partisan public spectacle provided clarity for those viewing the situation through their partisan lens- not trying to get to the crux of an important public issue. This party-first event serves as a prime example why concerned citizens have low regard for government officials, and serve as a reason for withdrawing from the voting process. Pathetic …. simply pathetic.
My views on impeachment
- Congress (not the public) determines the meaning of “high crimes and misdemeanors”
- Does significant grounds for impeachment exist? Unquestionably yes
- Should the House Dems initiate impeachment? Unquestionably no – After all, successful impeachment requires a significant number of Senate Republicans to go against President Trump (and that won’t happen with the current crop of enablers)
- To House Dems – Be careful not to waste your time and political capital
Now that Joe Biden (D-De) is in the race for the Democratic nomination, I have established the Biden Dilemma.
- His age
- Voters may be looking for a fresh face (as they did with Jimmy Carter (1976), Bill Clinton (1992), George W Bush (2000), Barack Obama (2008), and Donald Trump (2016)
- Not Left enough
- If nominated, the party will force him left, that is forcing him to be who he isn’t (Similar to what happened to Hilliary Clinton (2016), John McCain (2004), and Mitt Romney (2008)
- His tendency to say the wrong thing at the wrong time
- Kate Smith Syndrome – Anything in the past can be placed into today’s standards and context
- (New) Link to the Republican Boogie Man
I not only foresee President Trump dumping Mike Pence, but adding Nikki Halley to the ticket would regain the confidence of many of the GOP wafflers and some independents.
My latest odds on the 2020 election
- 100% chance GOP nominates President Trump
- 0% chance President Trump gets my vote
- 20 % chance Dem nominee gets my vote
- 65% chance President Trump re-elected
To lead you into the weekly dose of satire, The Onion’s this suggestion about corporate sponsors of a national park made me laugh.
Weekly Headlines from The Onion (combos welcome)
Humiliated baboon unable to keep ass swollen in front of mate
Woman jealous of horse’s eyelashes
Priest cursed with incredible penis
Dog sitting at grave where owner buried alive
Elderly man feeling useless in retirement wishes he could go back to feeling useless at work
Religious conservatives argue Adam and Eve would never have been banished if they’d had guns
(My Combo) Adam feeling useless and cursed with Eve unable to keep incredible swollen penis at work
A rare language
The most anti-science documentaries on Netflix
10 best national parks outside the US
Global views on diversity, family, and religion
Buddhism, science, and the universe
(Photos) Association of Photographers Awards
To send you into the weekend, a duet that didn’t appear at the last concert. In the words of Garrison Keillor, Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.