Greetings for cold Cincinnati. Then again, a blast of bitter cold is upon much of America. As Boston and much of New England continues to get hammered by the white stuff, Cincinnati could be about to receive the first significant snow of the season … and then the storm moves toward Boston. Yikes!
How was your weekend? The cold limited us a little, but hey, one night on the ballroom floor and another at a dinner-dance by the Cincinnati’s Italian-American Society. Otherwise, it was low-key for us, but we’re looking forward to watching the 40th anniversary show for Saturday Night Live.
Those commenting of this weekend’s Explore post received a surprise from me. Did anyone pass it on to others?
Posts may be a bit out of kilter this week, but time will tell. Sometime soon (either this week or next), I will start my winter blog break. Those who take blog breaks know their importance. For me (this time), I hope to still be around visiting and commenting, but I want time for writing and reorganizing some of the pages here.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Through with the Chew Week, Condom Week, Nestbox Week, Alzheimer’s & Dementia Staff Education Week, Justice for Animals Week, Brotherhood/Sisterhood Week, Date (the fruit) Week, Pancake Week
- (Mon) Do a Grouch a Favor Day, Nylon Day, Almond Day, 9-1-1 Day, U.S. President’s Day, Family Day
- (Tues) Who Shall I Be Day, Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday), Random Acts of Kindness Day, Champion Crab Races Day, Human Spirit Day, Cabbage Day, My Way Day
- (Wed) Cow Milked While Flying in an Airplane Day, Battery Day, Crab Stuffed Flounder Day, Thumb Appreciations Day, Drink Wine Day (a rule of thumb for me)
- (Thurs) Chocolate Mint Day, Chinese New Year, The Great American Spit Out, Iwo Jima Landing Day, Friendship Day, Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood Day
To start your week, Cynthia shared this with me several weeks ago. Although it’s a viral hit, maybe some of the readers here haven’t see it. Enjoy … and have a great week.
Welcome back from the weekend. How was yours?
Our weekend involved ballroom time and hosting our dinner group – thus the latter involved getting ready. All in all, our afternoons were actually low-key. Also, we recently started watching House of Cards on Netflix. Do you watch it?
The Explore post about the Gobi Desert was well received. Glad you enjoyed it. The Explore series aims at people, places, and things, so if you have any ideas, please tell!
Here’s a surprise. After thinking about it, Life: The Musical is going to have an epilogue. Besides, as I look ahead, this week is as good of time as any! Previous acts focused on words in the song title, but this time, it’s about the lyrics. There are many songs about life, and you may have a song that is special to you. Some are linked to situations or occasions, while others tug at us through their lyrics without a reason. In other words, this is a chance to post a song about life that is important to you. Curtain time is Wednesday, 9:30 PM (Eastern US).
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Dump Your Significant Jerk Week, Risk Awareness Week, Congenital Heart Defect Week, Homes for Birds Week, Celebration of Love Week, Children of Alcoholics Week, Jell-O week, Freelance Writers Appreciation Week, Random Acts of Kindness Week, Flirting Week, Friendship Week, Love a Mensch Week, Green Week, Love Makes the World Go Round – but, Laughter Keeps Us from Getting Dizzy Week
- (Mon) Read in the Bathtub Day, Bagels & Lox Day, Hershey Day, Stop Bullying Day, GI Joe Day, Clean Out Your Computer Day
- (Tues) Extraterrestrial Culture Day, Extraterrestrial Visitor Day, Umbrella Day, Cream Cheese Brownies Day
- (Wed) Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day, Get Out Your Guitar Day, Make a Friend’s Day, Promise Day, Be Electrific Day, Shut-in Visitation Day, Satisfied Staying Single Day, White Shirt Day/White T-Shirt Day, Inventors Day, La-Z Boy Chair Day, Peppermint Patty Day
- (Thurs) Darwin Day, NAACP Day, Oglethorpe Day, Paul Bunyan Day, Safety Pup Day, Pancake Day, Lost Penny Day, Plum Pudding Day
This week’s Monday Morning Entertainment uses Wednesday’s Get-Out-Your-Guitar Day. You’ll have to click the video, then click again to watch on YouTube because the owners blocked embedding. Have a good rest of the week.
Hello February! Although I featured information about the new month in the previous post, this is my first published post of the new month.
We stayed busy this weekend with an evening of ballroom, hosting a friend for a simple meal before out church wine tasting event, and a Super Bowl party. It’s now your turn to tell us about your weekend!
The last act of Life: The Musical is this week. You’ve been wondering what follows death, and the answer is simple – Memories … so Act 17 will feature songs with memory, memories, remember, remembering, remembered, or remembrance in the title. Show time is Wednesday, 9:30 pm (Eastern US).
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Just Say No to PowerPoint Week, Solo Diners Eat-Out Week, African Heritage & Health Week, Burn Awareness Week, Boy Scout Week, Children’s Authors & Illustrators Week, Coaching Week, Women’s Heart Week, School Counseling Week, Publicity for Profit Week, Hoof Care Week
- (Mon) Groundhog Day, Bottle Cap Day, Groundhog Job Shadowing Day, Candelmas, California Kiwi Fruit Day, Crepe Day, Hedgehog Day, Heavenly Hash Day, Sled Dog Day, Play Your Ukulele Day, Wetlands Day
- (Tues) Four Chaplains Memorial Day, Elmo’s Birthday, Carrot Cake Day, African-American Coaches Day
- (Wed) Liberace Day, Quacker Day, USA Day, Cancer Day, Popcorn Day, Create a Vacuum Day, Gumby Day, Homemade Soup Day, Thank a Mail Delivery Person Day, Digital Learning Day
- (Thurs) Nutella Day, Move Hollywood & Broadway to Lebanon PA Day, Weatherperson Day, Western Monarch Day, Peter Pan Day, Wiffle Ball Day, Chocolate Fondue Day, Shower with a Friend Day (celebrate wisely)
The commercials during the Super Bowl get much attention. I don’t know my favorite this year because I’m at a party as this post goes live or I’ll be home very soon, which also means I prepared this in advance. However, this commercial (currently in the US, but probably not in the Super Bowl) cracks me up. Have a good week.
How was your weekend? Come on now … tell us about it.
A cool, dreary weekend here, but those in the northeast US are getting ready to get hammered with a mega-snow. Good luck to my readers up there!
Our weekend had a variety that included dancing, seeing the movie The Theory of Everything (an awesome movie), and ushering at the Cincinnati Playhouse for Ring of Fire: The Music of Johnny Cash. The play featured songs from the American country-music icon while telling a story about his life. Fabulous voices and musicians (which I think were better than this local review). Do you know this song?
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Kiss a Shark Week, Leprosy Awareness Week, Clean Out Your Inbox Week, Cowboy Poetry Gathering Week, Snow Sculpturing Week, Glaucoma Awareness Week, Meat Week, Hot Air Balloon Week, Nurse Anesthetists Week
- (Mon) Clashing Clothes Day, Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, Peanut Brittle Day, Toad Hollow Day of Encouragement, Australia Day, Television Day, Lotus 1-2-3 Day, Rocky Mountain National Park Day,
- (Tues) Mad Tea Party Day, Thomas Crapper Day, Day of Commemoration in Memory of the Victims of the Holocaust Day, Mozart Day, Fun at Work Day, Chocolate Cake Day, National Geographic Day, Punch the Clock Day
- (Wed) Kazoo Day, Pop Art Day, Data Privacy Day, Daisy Day, Challenger Remembrance Day, Blueberry Pancake Day, Ernie’s Day, Thank a Pluggin Developer Day
- (Thurs) Curmudgeons Day, Freethinkers Day, Puzzle Day, Seeing Eye Dog Day, Carnations Day, Corn Chip Day
The above celebrations provide multiple opportunities to start your week, but I know many of the readers here love a sing along. Have a good week … and hopefully I can read more of your posts than I have been!
How was your weekend? I hope it was filled with joy and good spirits. Meanwhile, feel free to share about it because I enjoy reading about your life.
My legs are tired … not sore – just tired. Yep … you guessed it … we danced Friday night, attended a dance workshop Saturday afternoon, danced Saturday night, and closed the dancing weekend with a few spins around the floor on Sunday. We also took my father-in-law to a Sunday brunch, plus watched The Blind Side (again). Now there’s a movie showing humanity’s good side!
Act 16 marks the return of Life: The Musical returns. Death is the next-to-the-last act featuring songs with death, die, died, or dead in the title. Curtain time is Wednesday at 9:30 PM (US Eastern), so get your songs ready.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Freshly Squeezed Juice Week, Bald Eagle Appreciation Healthy Weight Week, Hunt for Happiness Week, Snowmobile Safety & Awareness Week, Handwriting Analysis Week, No Name Calling Week, Sugar Awareness Week, Special Education Week, Dance to Different Music Week
- (Mon) Brew a Potion Day, Hat Day, Popcorn Day, Tin Can Day, Whisper I Love You Day, Sing-out Day, Day of Service, New Friends Day, Day of Migrants & Refugees
- (Tues) Penguin Awareness Day, Disc Jockey Day, Cheese Day, Learn to Ski Day, Buttercrunch Day, Camcorder Day, Rid the Word of Fad Diets & Gimmicks Day
- (Wed) Hugging Day, Squirrel Appreciation Day, Granola Bar Day, Send a Hug Day
- (Thurs) Answer Your Cat’s Questions Day, Poka Dot Day, Come in from the Cold Day, Blonde Brownie Day, Data Innovation Day, Women’s Healthy Weight Day
For those who expected starting your week around Popcorn Day, well … this one is for you, so click This. (No click on, just click … and writing the directive was for Val, but it’s meant for everyone.)
To start your week with a chuckle, enjoy this commercial that I saw for the first time this weekend. Have a good week.
Greetings … so how was your weekend?
How about your weather? Cincinnati started cold zero F (-17 C), but hey hey hey, Sunday’s temp climbed to mid-30s (2 C). Then again, I know some of you are more northern than I.
Our weekend centered around the ballroom. Our tango formation attended a competition as an exhibition. All considered, we did OK … but I enjoyed watching a variety of individual competitors. Some of you ladies would have enjoyed the gowns. Simply wow … and at the exhibits I noticed that dresses priced over $4K!
After a hectic day, we took Saturday night to finally watch the Kennedy Center Honors show. That was awesome entertainment. Did you see it?
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Cuckoo Dancing Week, Vocation Awareness Week, No Tillage Week, Universal Letter Writing Week
- (Mon) Feast of the Fabulous Wild Men Day, Marzipan Day, Curried Chicken Day, Pharmacist Day, Clean Off Your Desk Day
- (Tues) Blame Someone Else Day, Rubber Duckie Day, Make Your Dream Come True Day, Poetry at Work Day, Public Radio Broadcasting Day, Peach Melba Day
- (Wed) Kite Day, Dress Up Your Pet Day, Bald Eagle Appreciation Day, Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day, Organize Your Home Day
- (Thurs) Humanitarian Day, Champion of the Month Day, Elementary School Teacher Day, Freshly Squeezed Juice Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day, Strawberry Ice Cream Day, Snowflake Bentley Day
Given that many of you enjoyed Mahna Mahna to start last week, thought I would use The Muppets to highlight one of the daily celebrations above. Did you notice it? Have a good week!
Greetings and Happy New Year … and welcome to 2015’s first Monday Morning Entertainment!
How did you spend time the past two weeks?
Our Christmas holiday was busy, thus included two 3-hour+ drives to family, a movie (The Imitation Game – aFa recommended!), an afternoon at a museum, hosting two dinners, attending two college basketball games, gatherings with friends, and (of course) a bit of ballroom time.
For those who enjoyed the Exploring series, please leave recommendations for future posts. Think person, place, or thing.
The start of the year is a good time to renew Life: The Musical … after all, only three acts remain. Act 15’s theme will the “Growing Old”, so song titles must include old, older, oldest, elderly, or aging. Act 15 starts Wednesday at 9:30 PM (Eastern US).
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) New Year’s Resolution Week, Celebration of Life Week, Diet Resolution Week, Silent Record Week, Someday We’ll Laugh About It Week
- (Mon) Bird Day, Blue Monday, Weigh-in Day, FM Radio Day, Second-hand Wardrobe Day, Bozo the Clown Day, Whipped Cream Day, TGIM Day (Thank God It’s Monday)
- (Tues) Bean Day, Cuddle Up Day, Shortbread Day, Divorce Monday, Pepe Le Pew Day, Sherlock Holmes Day, Schoolhouse Rock Day, Hug a Smith Day
- (Wed) Bobblehead Day, I’m Not Going To Take It Any More Day, Harlem Globetrotters Day, Tempura Day, Old Rock Day, Fruitcake Toss Day, Organize Your Home Day
- (Thurs) Argyle Day, Bubble Bath Day, Earth’s Rotation Day, English Toffee Day, Joy Germ Day, Show & Tell at Work Day, War on Poverty Day
Many readers here enjoy when The Muppets start their week … so enjoy this classic, which has a perfect code word for asking later in the week. Have a good week!