How did your latest weekend treat you? What did you do? How’s your weather?
Just in front of Thanksgiving, we had a busy weekend. It started Friday when our dinner group did an overnight outing at a winery. The group always eats and drinks well, but this was a different type of event for us. After returning home on Saturday, it was off to a wedding … and oh my my … what a beautiful venue for the reception. It was an old church (built in 1850) located near downtown Cincinnati that was saved from the wrecking ball. Other than the missing pews and exhibits of old clocks and bells, it looks like a big church., which was both strange and fascinating. Here’s a link to Google Images.
This week includes Thanksgiving in the US. Because it’s Thursday, this week’s posts will be a different from the norm. Time will tell how everything unfolds.
Reminder that due to the holiday week, Life: The Musical’s next act the next post. The theme is Positive Emotions, so all titles must include a positive emotion. Caution: a) Love is not acceptable (previous act), and b) Tears will be scrutinized. Curtain time is Monday night, 9:30 pm (Eastern US).
Celebrations for the week
- (Week) Game & Puzzles Week, Care Givers Week, Adoption Week, Family Week, Deal Week, Separation of Church & State Week, Better Conversation Week, Farm-City Week, GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) Awareness Week
- (Mon) Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day, DB Cooper Day, Espresso Day, Brownielocks Day
- (Tues) Blase Day, Shopping Reminder Day, Elimination of Violence Against Women Day, Hat Day, Parfait Day
- (Wed) Tie One On Day, Cake Day
- (Thurs) Thanksgiving, Day of Listening, Day of Mourning, Bavarian Cream Pie Day, Pins & Needles Day
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I solicited a notable personality to start your week. Enjoy the Swedish Chef. Enjoy and have a great week.
Greetings from Cincinnati as our first winter storm is approaching, thus should fall overnight. We’re not expecting a dumping, but too much for this time of the year. I’ll probably give some updates in the comments for those to the east who may be in-line for the dreaded White Death of Winter.
Anyway … Tell me about your weekend?
Mine started Thursday as I went with a friend to Indianapolis (2 hr drive) for a national high school marching band competition. As a former band member, it’s interesting to see that it has evolved into since my days.
We returned to Cincinnati in order to attend a college football game that evening. Burrrr … it was cold … and a crazy game! Football fans know that 4 touchdowns and a field goal in the last 5 minutes of the game isn’t normal. At least we left the game smiling.
Meanwhile, the rest of the weekend wasn’t frantic for us, but we did have an evening ballroom dancing, an evening with our church wine tasting group, and we saw St. Vincent (staring Bill Murray) at the movie theater. It’s an easy movie to follow, an interesting story, and we enjoyed it.
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Hunger & Homeless Awareness Week, Fraud Awareness Week, Book Awards Week, Children’s Book Week, Global Entrepreneurship Week, Family Caregivers Week, Adoption Week
- (Mon) Baklava Day, Homemade Bread Day, Unfriend Day, Prematurity Awareness Day, Petroleum Day, Take a Hike Day, Remembrance Day, World Peace Day
- (Tues) Married to a Scorpio Support Day, Mickey Mouse Day, Push-Button Phone Day, Antibiotic Awareness Day, Entrepreneurship Day, Vichyssoise Day, William Tell Day, Occult Day
- (Wed) Have-a-Bad-Day Day, Toilet Day, Carbonated Beverages with Caffeine Day, Gettysburg Address Day, Equal Opportunity Day, Geographic Information Systems Day, Men’s Day
- (Thurs) Absurdity Day, Use Less Stuff Day, African Industrialization Day, Globally Organized Hug a Runner Day, Stop Smoking Day, Name Your PC Day, Peanut Butter Fudge Day
Last week was Sesame Street Week, so I celebrated the week by tagging a couple of my Muppet favorites. This one involves two of my favorite characters, Statler and Waldorf … you know, the two old guys in the theater box. The segment is actually based on this routine between comedians Milton Berle and Henny Youngman. Enjoy and have a good week.