Embed from Getty Images
Cincinnati has been warmer than normal this past week. Fortunately, some cooler (and more normal) weather is on the way for the upcoming week … but the warm temperatures didn’t stop us from enjoying our weekend. How did you spend you weekend?
Our weekend was full with two nights on the ballroom floor (including participating in a Quickstep formation), work, and golf. The Quickstep formation wasn’t a train wreck … a good thing, but I’m glad it’s over. Mother’s Day (Sunday in the US) wasn’t big in our house because we don’t have kids, and our mothers passed away in 1987 (mine) and 2013 (my wife’s). I thought the handbell choir did a good job with Morning Is Broken.
Meals: The Musical returns this week. Meat is the Act 4’s theme, so song titles must include meat(s) or any meat. Use a normal menu as a guideline. For instance, beef, steaks, and hamburger are acceptable, but cows are not. Sausage, ham, and pork are acceptable examples, but pigs are not. Seafood items are not acceptable. The producer is amicable to common sense. Curtain time is Wednesday, 9:30 pm (Eastern US).
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Hamburger Week, Craft Beer Week, Bike Week, Saluting to Moms 35+ Week, Reading is Fun Week, Women’s Health Week, Transportation Week, Return to Work Week, Nursing Home Week, Police Week, Food Allergy Awareness Week, Family Week, Work at Home Moms Week, Bike to Work Week, Etiquette Week, Neuropathy Awareness Week, Stuttering Awareness Week
- (Mon) Eat What You Want Day, Hostess Cupcake Day, Root Canal Appreciation Day, Twilight Zone Week, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Awareness Day, Jigsaw Puzzle Day, Mocha Torte Day, Women’s Check-up Day
- (Tues) Limerick Day, Odometer Day, Nurses Day, Nutty Fudge Day, Fatigue Syndrome Day
- (Wed) Blame Someone Else Day, Crouton Day, Donate a Day’s Wages to Charity Day, Third-Shift Workers Day, Receptionists Day, Apple Pie Day, Fruit Cocktail Day, Leprechaun Day, Cough Drop Day
- (Thurs) Chicken Dance Day, Buttermilk Biscuit Day, Crazy Day, Marshmallow Fluff (Creme) Day
To start your week, here’s Sugar Chile Robinson from a 1946 clip, which means Mr. Robinson is currently 76 years old. Enjoy and have a good week.
How was your weekend? After a few days of rain, the clouds moved out around noon Saturday, but that meant cooler temps arrived. Oh well … that’s the way December is in Cincinnati.
No dancing for us this weekend because the surgeon hasn’t given me the green light – (although it feels fine, I’m being a good patient) – but I still had a good weekend. Let’s see a neighborhood holiday gathering, a college football game, a movie rental (The Monument Men), a trip to Costco, and some odds and ends.
My 2014 Holiday Party is this coming weekend, so make sure you stop by for your gift bag. Besides, the Entertainment Stage (in the comments) will be busy. The party starts at Saturday, 3:00 AM (Eastern US). I’ll be sleeping, but those in the from Europe to New Zealand (plus the US night owls) will get an early start. Your friends are welcome to attend, so your invites are my invites.
Life: The Musical returns this week with Act 14 featuring negative emotions – so all song titles must include a negative emotion. This theme allows many choice, but nope – Love is not a negative emotion, unless the entire song title implies a negative emotion – so be careful because it’s the producer’s call. Curtain time is Wednesday, 9:30 PM (Eastern US).
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Lager Beer Week, Handwashing Awareness Week, Recipe Greeting for the Holidays Week, Computer Science Education Week, Human Rights Week, You’re Doing a Good Job Week
- (Mon) Prepare to Be a Time Traveler Day, Take it in the Ear Day, Green Monday, Mother’s Day (in Panama), Brownie Day
- (Tues) Egil Skallagrimsson Day, Weary Willy Day, Anticorruption Day, Pastry Day, Apple Pie Day
- (Wed) Dewey Decimal System Day (cheers Audra), Human Rights Day, Nobel Prize Day, Day of Animal Rights, Lager Beer Day
- (Thurs) Mountain Day, Noodle Ring Day, UNICEF Day
To start your week, here’s a classic .. plus the answer to the “Why?” question is, Because he can .. so bring on The Trashmen … Have a good week … and don’t forget the word.
Happy December! … but the next post will toast the new month.
How was your weekend? For those in the US, how was your Thanksgiving holiday?
We drove to the opposite corner of the state (about 220 miles/354 km) for Thanksgiving at my SIL’s. Our small gathering of 9 had a good time. We avoid shopping on this holiday, so four of us played many hours of euchre on Friday .. well, actually 144 deals. Our end-of-the-day drive back to the hotel involved dealing with the snowy roads that hadn’t been plowed … but it was manageable.
After returning home on Saturday, we stayed in to watch some recorded TV shows. Because we didn’t get any ballroom rime, we took to the dance floor Sunday evening (something we normally don’t do).
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Cookie Cutter Week, Festival of the Trees, Tolerance Week, Coelenterate Biology Week, Older Drive Safety Awareness Week, Clerc-Gallaudet Week, Aplastic Anemia Awareness Week, Hand Washing Awareness Week, Deaf Heritage Week
- (Mon) Eat a Red Apple Day, Pie Day, Cyber Monday, World AIDS Day, Rosa parks Day, Day With(out) Art Day, Civil Air Patrol Day, Bifocals at the Monitor Liberation Day
- (Tues) Apple Pie Day, Fritters Day, Giving Tuesday, Science Fiction Day, Coats for Kids Day, Special Education Day, Mutt Day, Abolition of Slavery Day
- (Wed) Special Kids Day, Roof Over Your Head Day, Make a Gift Day, Persons with Disabilities Day
- (Thurs) Cookie Day, Dice Day, Wear Brown Shoes Day, Hug Day, Wildlife Conservation Day, Lover’s Day, Santa’s List Day, Extraordinary Work Team Recognition Day
To start your week, here’s commercial that the US audience may know. The words make me laugh, so listen. Have a good week.
Warm weather was upon Cincinnati this weekend. What was the weather like in your part of the world? Tell us about your weekend.
As with most weekends, ours was filled with a variety. From ballroom dance to attending our first Reds baseball game of the season … from organizing our recent mess to planting new plants … from attending a birthday party to playing handbells. Yep .. we stayed busy.
Knowing that some of my readers enjoying hearing the handbell pieces we play, click here for Fantasy on Terra Beata, which is interesting and we received kind words from numerous attendees.
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) American Craft Beer Week, Police Week, Food Allergy Awareness Week, Nursing Home Week, Hospital Week, Return to Work Week, Transportation Week, Women’s Health Week, Reading is Fun Week, Children Book Week, Salute to Moms Over 35 Week, Bike to Work Week, Dog Bite Prevention Week, Neuropathy Awareness Week, Stuttering Awareness Week, Pet Week, Music Week, Etiquette Week, Historic Preservation Week
- (Mon) Limerick Day, Nutty Fudge Day, Odometer Day, Women’s Check-up Day
- (Tues) Frog Jumping Day, Hug Your Cat Day, Cough Drop Day, Leprechaun Day, Blame Someone Else Day, Apple Pie Day, Fruit Cocktail Day
- (Wed) Donate a Day’s Wages to Charity Day, Chicken Dance Day, Night-shirt/Third-Shift Workers Day, Crazy Day, Stars and Stripes Forever Day, Marshmallow Fluff Day, Buttermilk Biscuit Day
- (Thurs) Brown Bag Thursday, Over the Rainbow Day, Straw Hat Day, Dinosaur Day, Nylon Stockings Day, Tuberous Sclerosis Day, Chocolate Chip Day, MPS Awareness Day, Day of Families, Hyperemisis Gravidarum Awareness Day
With this weekend includes Hug Your Cat Day, that reminds me of this funny video that I’ve used before. Enjoy … and have a good week.
Greetings everyone! How was your weekend? Hopefully an ample combination of safe, sound, productive, and enjoyable.
I hope to return to normal posting this week. Although I wasn’t posting, I found all the comments visitors left regarding my mother-in-law to be special and uplifting. They were so special to me, simply writing “Thank you” isn’t enough.
The funeral was Saturday, and we are confident she would have enjoyed the service, the music, and the sermon. Fortunately, the weather was much better than Friday and Sunday morning.
The delayed act of Time: The Musical is on my docket for Wednesday 9:30 pm (Eastern US), so get your videos featuring videos with song titles that include “time” in the form as a compound word – such as, nighttime, wintertime, dinnertime, etc.
Celebrations for your week.
- (Week) Human Rights Week, Lager Beer Week
- (Mon) Weary Willie Day, Eqil Skallagrissom Day, Pastry Day, Apple Pie Day, Shareware Day, Day of the Horse
- (Tues) Human Rights Day, Lager Day, Dewey Decimal System Day, Nobel Prize Day
- (Wed) Mountain Day, UNICEF Day, Noodle Ring Day
- (Thurs) Gingerbread House Day, 12-Hour Fresh Breath Day, Poinsettia Day, Ding-a-Ling Day Ambrosia Day
With Monday honoring Weary Willie, which has nothing to do with my post about baseball’s All-Time Willies, let’s start the week with music by One String Willie. Enjoy … and have a good week.