Embed from Getty Images
A partial list of a blogger’s struggles:
- Lack of writing time
- Inability to keep up with reading others
- Slow responding to comments
- Throwing together a post
Yep … that’s me at the moment. I don’t need recharging time, I simply need to get take care of matters at hand. Therefore, I’m taking a break from regular posting … but hopefully not from visiting and keeping in touch. I don’t know how long, but I do know this is the right thing to do. Then again, I just may sneak something in.
I can’t leave you without some of the week’s best from The Onion.
- Study finds “Blame” now fastest human reflex
- Seventh grader only has two weeks left to acquire cool identity by first day of school
- Sex toy discreetly shipped in plain dildo-shaped box
- Date’s flaws coming at woman faster than she can rationalize them
- Report:Average American spends 27% of lifetime in the way
- Exxon-Mobil and Chevron locked in bidding war to acquire senator
I also know you want some reasons to celebrate this weekend.
- (Weekend) Kool Aid Days, Hobo Days
- (Fri) The Date to Create Day, Happiness Happens Day, Cat Day, Oldie Day, Sneak some Zucchini onto Your Neighbor’s Porch Night, Art Day, Frozen Custard Day
- (Sat) Bowling Day, Garage Sale Day, Veep Day, Indigenous People Day, Send an Email Day, Rice Pudding Day, Hold Hands Day
- (Sun) Duran Duran Day, Skyscraper Appreciation Day, Smithsonian Day, S’Mores Day, Paul Bunyan Day, Lazy Day, Family Day, Spoil Your Dog Day, Lion Day
But let’s break with a sing-a-long song … and one that wasn’t part of the last Life: The Musical, but it is a classic. So, until next time, belly up to the bar and clean your pipes to sing along … plus, Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.
How was your weekend? Hopefully you had a chance to enjoy yourself. Did you have good weather? Come on … tell us about your weekend!
We had warm, dry weather, so our weekend was full of activities and interactions – such as out to dinner with a group of new neighbors, ballroom time, hosted our first family gathering, the handbell choir played at two services (I couldn’t find a recording or video), my first trip to the golf driving range, and watching the Masters golf tournament.
Life: The Musical returns this week with a curtain time of 9:30 PM (Eastern US) Wednesday. The theme for Act 2 is “Born” – so get your song title that includes any of these words: born, birth, baby, or babies.
Your celebrations for the week
- (Week) Wildlife Film Week, Crime Victim Rights Week, Environmental Education Week, Robotics Week, Library Week, Undergraduate Research Week
- (Mon) Dictionary Day, Moment of Laughter Day, Pecan Day, Pan American Day, Ex-Spouse Day, Dolphin Day
- (Tues) Take a Wild Guess Day, That Sucks Day, Bicycle Day, Art Day, Library Day, Rubber Eraser Day, Stress Awareness Day, One Day Without Shoes Day, Glazed Spiral Ham Day
- (Wed) Bookmobile Day, Save the Elephant Day, Eggs Benedict Day, Day of the Mushroom
- (Thurs) Bat Appreciation Day, Blah! Blah! Blah! Day, Ellis Island Family History Day, Haiku Poetry Day, Nothing Like a Dame Day, High Five Day, Ford Mustang Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day, Poem in Your Pocket Day, Cheeseball Day
We went from harvesting spaghetti from trees to marshmallow farm, so the journey continues with the wonders of M&M farming. Enjoy and have a good week!
How was your weekend? Did you have good weather?
Ours was busy and with a wide variety of enjoyments. Besides some time on the ballroom floor, We spent Saturday preparing to host our dinner group featuring recipes from The Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten). Through the years, we eat very well, and Saturday night was not an exception. Here’s our courses and recipes.
Sunday was such a beautiful day, we had to do something outside. We started at Goetta Fest along the river on the Kentucky side. (Goetta will be a future post of its own.) We walked to the Ohio side and returned by a different bridge. Then we board the amphibious vehicle for the fun and informative Duck Tour.
On our way home, first we stopped at the casino to enter the upcoming Million Dollar drawing then, it was off to Graeter’s to celebrate Chocolate Chip Day!!!
Get your planners ready because this week’s celebrations are noteworthy. Let’s start with this week being International Assistance Dog Week, National Farmers Market Week, Intimate Apparel Week, and National Bargain Hunting Week.
Daily celebrations includes these worthy joys: (Mon) Assistance Dogs, Oysters, and Underwear; (Tues) Root Beer Float Day and National Night Out; (Wed) Lighthouse Day, Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day, and Purple Heart Day; (Thurs) Dalek Day, Happiness Happens Day, and Sneak some Zucchini onto Your Neighbor’s Porch Night; (Fri) Kool-Aid Day, Indigenous People Day, and Art Day.
According to Philosopher Mouse, DogTV started this month. For your Monday Morning Entertainment, enjoy this clip that Marina brought to my attention. Have a good week!