Oh wow … Summer-like weather descended on Cincinnati this past weekend – and it appears to continue throughout the upcoming week. How did you spend you weekend?
Our weekend was a small-bit slower than normal because we took it easy Saturday morning and early afternoon. Then again, we still had ballroom time, Quick Step formation practice, ushered at the Playhouse (Vania and Sonia and Masha and Spike), and I worked a shift.
The play was entertaining because a comedy with dysfunctional family members works. It could have been a bit shorter, but we enjoyed it … and given that we ushered, it was free. Here’s what is written on Wikipedia about the play, and take note of the original actors.
It’s possible that one of the posts this week will be something new – something I’ve never done before – believe it or not, writing fiction – but, I seriously doubt this will be a regular endeavor. We’ll see how the week goes.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Hug Holiday Week, Pet Week, Post Card Week, Raisin Week, Herb Week, Choose Privacy Week, Tourism Week, Dystonia Awareness Week, Be Kind to Animals Week, Children’s Mental Health Week, Dating and Life Coach Recognition Week, Drinking Water Week, Flexible Work Arrangement Week, Kids Win Week, Occupational Safety & Health Week, Alcohol & Drug-Related Birth Defects Awareness Week, Anxiety & Depression Awareness Week, Correctional Officers Week, Family Week, Public Service Recognition Week, Small Business Week, Screen-Free Week, Wildflower Week, New Zealand Sign Language Week
- (Mon) Respect for Chickens Day, Orange Juice Day, Intergalactic Star Wars Day, Firefighters Day, Melanoma Monday, Library Legislation Day, Petite & Proud Day, World Give Day, Star Wars Day, Weather Observers Day, Renewal Day, Candied Orange Peel Day, Bird Day, Make a Book Day
- (Tues) Cinco de May, Cartoonists Day, Childhood Depression Awareness Day, Midwives Day, Totally Chipotle Day, Teacher Appreciation Day, Childhood Stroke Awareness Day, Star Wars Revenge of the Fifth, Hoagie Day, Oyster Day, Chocolate Custard Day, Ferret Day
- (Wed) Grump Out Day, No Diet Day, Bike to School Day, No Homework Day, Nurses Recognition Day, Asthma Day, Occupational Safety & Health Day, School Nurse Day, Beverages Day, Crepe Suzette Day, Tourist Appreciation Day, O. Henry Pun Day
- (Thurs) Prevent Teen Pregnancy Day, Cosmopolitan Day, Barrier Awareness Day, Day of Reason, Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day, Packaging Design Day, Paste Up Day, Roast Leg of Lamb Day, Tourism Day
With this week including Cinco de Mayo, here’s a fitting start to your week. In the words of Speedy Gonzalez (a Saturday Morning Honoree), Arriba! Arriba! Andale! Andale! Andale! … and have a good week.
Good weather came upon Cincinnati this weekend. Warm, pleasant temperatures, blue skies, and mild breezes. Perfect for the spring cleaning in the yard … but hey … no more of that for me!
How was your weather? What did you do this weekend?
Ours included a dance, work, a neighborhood wine event, and Quick Step formation practice. Looking ahead, I’m hoping for a full week of posting.
Meals: The Musical returns this week. Act 2 features Fruits. Song titles must include fruit(s) or any nutritional fruit in the song title. There are many choices available, so hopefully last week’s record of 5 rejection buzzers won’t be topped. Warning: The producer considers tomatoes as a vegetable.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Garden Week, Harmony Week, Be Kind to Animals Week, Guitar Week, Reading is Fun Week, Home Safety Week, Volunteer Week, Library Week, Public Safety Telecommunications Week, Student Employment Week, Private Property Week, Dark Sky Week, Week of the Young Child, Pan American Week, American Indian Awareness Week, Undergraduate Research Week, Health Information Privacy and Security Week
- (Mon) Scrabble Day, First Elephant in America Day, Peach Cobbler Day, Blame Someone Else Day, Plant Appreciation Day, Thai-Lao-Burmese New Year
- (Tues) Moment of Laughter Day, Library Workers Day, Dictionary Day, Ex-Spouse Day, Children with Alopecia Day, Equal Pay Day, Be Kind to Lawyers Day, Dolphin Day, Library Day, Pecan Day, Bengali New Year, Pan American Day
- (Wed) Holocaust Remembrance Day, Take a Wild Guess Day, That Sucks Day, Titanic Remembrance Day, Husband Appreciation Day, Leonardo da Vinci Day, World Art Day, Rubber Eraser Day, Art History Day, Jackie Robinson Day, McDonald’s Day, Go Fly a Kit, Book Mobile Day, Glazed Spiral Ham Day, Art History Day
- (Thurs) High Five Day, Day of the Mushroom, Save the Elephant Day, Celebrate Teen Literature Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day, Ask An Atheist Day, Eggs Benedict Day, Health Care Decisions Day, Stress Awareness Day, Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day
Friday’s post included an image of a pig on a motorcycle. Saturday’s post featured cartoon legend Porky Pig … so, let’s make it a pig trilogy. Have a good week!
For us in the northern hemisphere, spring has sprung. On the other hand, blogging has helped me realize there is another hemisphere that operates in the opposite direction. That is as a warm season is approaching one, it is leaving the other.
How was your weekend. Come on now — fess up! Ours included a dinner evening at good friends, an evening of ballroom, some shopping, and working around the new place.
This Week’s Celebrations
- (Week) Cartoon Appreciation Week, Tourism Week, Drinking Water Week, Flexible Work Arrangement Week, Hug Holiday Week, Raisin Week, Post Card Week, Public Service Recognition Week, Astronomy Week, Red Me Week, Clear Air Week, Herb Week, Family Reading Week, Safe Kids Week, Jewish Heritage Week, Wildflower Week, Detect a Water Leak Week, Food Allergy Awareness Week, Nurses Week, Alcohol & Drug Related Birth Defects Awareness Week, Anxiety & Depression Week, Family Week, Dystonia Awareness Week, Be Kind to Animals Week, Children’s Mental Health Week
- (Mon) Cinco de Mayo, Cartoonists Day, Totally Chipotle Day, Ferret Day, Chocolate Custard Day, Hoagie Day, Midwives Day, Melanoma Monday, Childhood Stroke Awareness Day, Library Legislation Day
- (Tues) No Diet Day, Nurses Day, O. Henry Pun Day, Asthma Day, Crepes Suzette Day, Childhood Depression Awareness Day
- (Wed) Great American Grump Out Day, Bike to School Day, Paste Up Day, Roast of Lamb Day, Occupational Safety & Health Day
- (Thurs) No Socks Day, VE Day, Red Cross/Red Crescent Day, Have a Coke Day, Ovarian Cancer Day, Free Trade Day, Animal Disaster Preparedness Day, Coconut Cream Pie Day, Time of Remembrance & Reconciliation for Those Losing Lives during WW II, Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day
The decision for your Monday Morning Entertainment has me torn between Cinco de Mayo and Cartoon Appreciation Week. Given the dilemma, maybe it is best to provide two offerings for you. First, here’s one of my favorite Bugs Bunny scenes.
Secondly, a merengue is a great dance for Cinco de Mayo. Enjoy … and have a good week!