Welcome to Pronouns 2: The Musical.
Some may ask, “Pronouns?”, but we at A Frank Angle say, “Why not pronouns!”
Why a sequel to Pronouns? Again, “Why not!”
Act 1: My
Act 2: Mine
Act 3: Our
Act 4: Their
Act 5: Your
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. ‘Til your good is better and your better is best. (St Jerome, theologian and historian)
Share your smile with the world. It’s a symbol of friendship and peace. (Christie Brinkley, model)
Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success. (Swami Sivananda, philosopher)
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. (Albert Einstein, physicist)
Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. (Helen Keller, author)
People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude. (John C. Maxwell, clergyman)
If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older. (Tom Stoppard, dramatist)
Songs must have Your or Yours in the title
- No duplicates songs regardless of artists
- Foreign language equivalents unacceptable
- To prevent browsers crashing from loading too many videos, please
Include the song title and artist in your text, and
- Paste the URL as part of your last line (not a new line). The latter will provide a link, thus not embed the actual video … but I don’t mind unembedding, so apologies are not necessary.
Welcome to Act 5 of Pronouns 2: The Musical! A round of applause for your valiant effort with the difficult challenge in Act 4. With that in mind, a special announcement.
If you thought the last act was difficult, the next act is brutal. Given that songs with Its in the title are few, we are announcing a change. Some of you may have already noticed the change on the program cover.
The key word for Act 6 is Self, which opens up many possibilities.
- Acceptable words will be Self, Itself, Herself, Himself, Myself, Ourselves, Yourselves, and Themselves
- Special dispensation will be given to Its songs – but The Producer cautions because It’s is unacceptable
- Suggestion: Don’t rely on the YouTube title
On to Act 5!
When in our research for the opening act, one immediately stood above the rest for personal reasons. Yes, many of us remember him as a star whose solo career exploded. Many years later, he married a Cincinnatian, so Cincinnati was his home for about 10 years. He frequently visit a casual restaurant near my house. Sorry to say, our paths never crossed. Ladies and gentlemen, a thunderous welcome for Peter Frampton with Baby I Love Your Way.
Act 6: Self