For those wanting some background music for the post, here’s some music from the land.
On to the post.
The image shows are 12-days of cruising. Keep in mind that we had 4 days in London before cruising, plus 3 days in Reykjavik, Iceland after the cruise. Both of these stops were independent of the cruise and done on our own.
I was struck by the fact that each of the major cities in the British Isles were quite different from one another.
- The most grand: London, England
- The most captivating: Edinburgh, Scotland
- The most walkable: Dublin, Ireland
- The most unexpectedly different: Liverpool, England
- The most gut wrenching: Belfast, Northern Ireland
… and we didn’t just visit cities on the trip:
- The most scenic countryside: Northern Scotland
- The most solemn: American military cemetery at Normandy (Omaha Beach)
- The most quaint: St. Peter Port, Guernsey
- The most geologic diverse: Iceland
We walked a lot – averaging about 13,500 steps per day with over 25,000 being the most. When walking, my eyes are busy. For those who remember, when in Florence, Italy – I say “Look up!” Whether walking or passing by in a touring bus, these business signs on the trip caught my eye. Other than the obvious, any thoughts on what they sell?