I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful weekend. How did you spend your time?
Although we were not zooming around at the speed of light, we were able to do some outdoor work, spend an evening on the ballroom floor. attend a church-group wine tasting, and celebrate Ice Cream Day.
I was busy enough to not be able to respond to the comments on Saturday’s Foghorn Leghorn tribute post. Therefore, in an attempt to catch up on the comments and reading your blogs, I’ll only post the mid-week Satire Bits and Friday’s Opinion in the Shorts. No decision yet on Saturday Morning Cartoon Classics.
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Everyone Deserves a Massage Week, Independent Retailers Week, Zoo Keeper Week, Restless Leg Syndrome Education & Awareness Week
- (Mon) Get Out of the Doghouse Day, Legal Drinking Age Day, No Pet Store Puppies Day, Hug Your Kid Day, Monkey Day, Tug-of-War Day, Junk Food Day, Creme Brulee Day
- (Tues) Casual Pi Day, Penuche Fudge Day, Rat-Catchers Day, Pied Piper of Hamelin Day, Hammock Day, Spoonerism Day
- (Wed) Hog Dog Day, Hot Enough for Ya Day, Gorgeous Grandma Day, Maple Syrup Day, Mosquito Day, Vanilla Ice Cream Day
- (Thurs) Cousins Day, Drive-Thru Day, Tequila Day, Tell an Old Joke Day
Knowing this is Everyone Deserves a Massage Week, instead of starting your week with a chuckle, sit back and relax to a bit of Nirvana.
Another weekend has gone and past, so how was yours? Did you celebrate National Ice Cream Day? Surprisingly, we went to Graeter’s! There still may be time to celebrate – after all – it may still be Sunday somewhere.
We had a low-key weekend, but stayed busy in the evenings with a night of ballroom and our church wine tasting group event. Otherwise, I took time away from watching golf to take several long walks around our neighborhood.
For me, The Open Championship (British) is one of my favorite tournaments to watch. This year’s battle for the Claret Jug was on one of the old Scottish courses that tests players skills as balls uncontrollably bounce and roll across the twists and turns of Muirfield’s seaside setting. Congratulations to Phil Mickelson for his first-ever win at this great tournament.
The week ahead provides time to celebrate National Zookeeper Week; (Mon) Rat-Catchers Day, Penuche Fudge Day, Casual Pi Day, and Spooner’s Day; (Tues) Gorgeous Grandma Day and Hot Enough for Ya Day; (Wed) Cousins Day, National Drive-Thru Day, National Tequila Day, and Tell an Old Joke Day.
Phil Mickelson is talented golfer and a good guy. He may have just won the British Open, but his best prize for his effort may be being featured on this blog. For your Monday Morning Entertainment, enjoy this short clip from this bag of tricks … and a shot that I’m sure Bulldog has perfected. Have a good week!