How was your weekend? I’m sure you did something that you enjoyed, so come on .. tell us about it.
Mine was filled. It started Thursday night by attending a community theater performance of Young Frankenstein, then a college football game Friday night, ushering at Cincinnati Playhouse (Safe House, a premier run), practicing for our participation in a tango formation, and stuff around the homestead. Also, our weather was wonderful, and Monday is supposed to be super … which means the weather will be turning soon thereafter.
This week looks like a probable milestone week, The Blog Stats box near the bottom of the sidebar shows that I’m approaching 200,000. I hope I get to see the turnover.
Last week I posted about the Arizona wine I receive from my Secret Santa. Jeff (@ The Drunken Cyclist) has organized the 2015 exchange. Although his deadline has passed, he invites my interested readers to join in the fun … but do so ASAP. Here’s the link to the post for the guidelines. Remember, ASAP.
Life: The Musical returns this week with Act 11 featuring Hope … so let your songs ready with Hope, Hoped, Hoping, or Hopeless in the title. Curtain time will be Wednesday, 9:30 pm (Eastern US).
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Magic Week, Save Your Back Week, Rainforest Week, Red Ribbon Week, Peace Friendship & Goodwill Week, Prescription Errors Education & Awareness Week, Origami Week, Asexuality Week, Give Wildlife a Break Week, Kids Care Week, Infertility Awareness Week
- (Mon) Cranky Co-Workers Day, Potato Day, World Day for Audiovisual Heritage
- (Tues) Chocolate Day, Ghost Busters Day, Separation of Church and State Day, Ochi Day (Greece), Gone-ta-Pott Day
- (Wed) Gnocchi Day, Dracula Bites Day, Hermit Day, Pancake Day, Psoriasis Day, Basketball Coaches Day, Cat Day, Internet Day
- (Thurs) Checklist Day, Zero Tasking Day, Candy Corn Day, Haunted Refrigerator Night, Create a Great Funeral Day
I tagged this one when stats when 5 digits identified the hits … and that was early last week … so the hits are now 7 digits. Gotta love Charlie! Enjoy and have a great week.
Embed from Getty Images
A partial list of a blogger’s struggles:
- Lack of writing time
- Inability to keep up with reading others
- Slow responding to comments
- Throwing together a post
Yep … that’s me at the moment. I don’t need recharging time, I simply need to get take care of matters at hand. Therefore, I’m taking a break from regular posting … but hopefully not from visiting and keeping in touch. I don’t know how long, but I do know this is the right thing to do. Then again, I just may sneak something in.
I can’t leave you without some of the week’s best from The Onion.
- Study finds “Blame” now fastest human reflex
- Seventh grader only has two weeks left to acquire cool identity by first day of school
- Sex toy discreetly shipped in plain dildo-shaped box
- Date’s flaws coming at woman faster than she can rationalize them
- Report:Average American spends 27% of lifetime in the way
- Exxon-Mobil and Chevron locked in bidding war to acquire senator
I also know you want some reasons to celebrate this weekend.
- (Weekend) Kool Aid Days, Hobo Days
- (Fri) The Date to Create Day, Happiness Happens Day, Cat Day, Oldie Day, Sneak some Zucchini onto Your Neighbor’s Porch Night, Art Day, Frozen Custard Day
- (Sat) Bowling Day, Garage Sale Day, Veep Day, Indigenous People Day, Send an Email Day, Rice Pudding Day, Hold Hands Day
- (Sun) Duran Duran Day, Skyscraper Appreciation Day, Smithsonian Day, S’Mores Day, Paul Bunyan Day, Lazy Day, Family Day, Spoil Your Dog Day, Lion Day
But let’s break with a sing-a-long song … and one that wasn’t part of the last Life: The Musical, but it is a classic. So, until next time, belly up to the bar and clean your pipes to sing along … plus, Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.
Hi there. How was your weekend? What did you do? Did you have good weather?
We weren’t racing around like other weekends, but we still got in a night of ballroom, a dinner-group evening with a Mediterranean theme, visited my mother-in-law as she continues to gain strength and confidence, and a low-key Sunday watching football and walking two miles.
Time: The Musical is the next post with Act B – Brevity, featuring songs with time words as minute(s), second(s), moment(s), tick(s), and other possibilities.
Here are this week’s celebrations
- (Week) Magic Week, Peace Friendship & Good Will Week
- (Mon) Chocolates Day, Lung Health Day, Separation of Church and State Day, Ochi Day (Greece)
- (Tues) Cat Day, Republic Day (Turkey), Gnocchi Day, Pancake Day, Basketball Coaches Day,
- (Wed) Checklist Day, Candy Corn Day, Zero Tasking Day, Haunted Refrigerator Night
- (Thurs) Halloween, Caramel Apples Day, Magic Day, UNICEF Day, Knock-Knock Jokes Day
To start your week with a chuckle, Viveka (our Swedish humorist, photographer, chef, and former dancing maiden) says this is her favorite commercial. Enjoy … and have a good week!