For the record, I’m not mad that it’s Monday … nor am I mad that the weekend is over … nope, the hectic nature of the holiday season doesn’t make me mad. Therefore, I’ll explain later.
The holiday season is in full swing, and the weekend before Christmas is always hectic. How was your weekend? Ours involved an evening of ballroom and a whirlwind cross-state trip (3+ hours each way). After returning home, tango formation practice and a Christmas party concluded our weekend.
My wife knows many Christmas carols, but I was surprised to discover that she didn’t know this one. Do you know it?
An important reminder to everyone. The Kennedy Center Honors is one of the shows that we love at this time of year. It’s simply several hours of outstanding entertainment and tributes. This year’s honorees are Al Green, Tom Hanks, Sting, Lily Tomlin, and Patricia McBride, so there will be a plethora of outstanding performers participating in the tributes. The event occurred earlier this month, but CBS will air it on December 30 9-11 pm (Eastern US) … and it’s worth the watch!
Celebrations for your week and ahead
- (Week) Bird Count Week continues
- (Mon – 22) Haiku Poetry Day, Date Nut Bread Day
- (Tues- 23) Festivus, Human Light Day, Roots Day, Pfeffernuesse Day
- (Wed – 24) Egg Nog Day, Last-Minute Shopping Day
- (Thurs -25) No ‘L’ Day, Pumpkin Pie Day, Merry Christmas
- (Fri – 26) Whiner’s Day, Boxing Day, Coffee Percolator Day, Candy Cane Day, Thank-You Note Day, Day of Goodwill
- (Sat – 27) Howdy Doody Day, Visit the Zoo Day, Fruit Cake Day, Holocaust Remembrance Day
- (Sun -28) Chocolate Day, Endangered Species Day, Card Playing Day, Call a Friend Day, Chocolate Candy Day
- (Mon – 29) Tick Tock Day, Pepper Pot Day
- (Tues – 30) Bacon Day, Falling Needles Family Fest Day, Day of Enormous Changes at the Last Minute Day, Relaxation Day, Bicarbonate of Soda Day
- (Wed – 31) Leap Second Time Adjustment Day, Make Up Your Mind Day, No Interruptions day, One Voice Day, Champagne Day, Universal Hour of Peace Day, Dice Day, Look on the Bright Side Day, World Peace Meditation Day, New Years Eve
To send you into the week, nope – not a holiday song – but a leftover from Life: The Musical – Act 14: Negative Emotions … thus the reason I’m mad … very mad.
Although not in my normal posting time slot, Happy Monday to all. I’m late this week because we returned home later than initially anticipated. Besides, I still haven’t replied to comments from Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
We drove cross state to Cleveland on Friday for a variety of events – primarily for my wife’s high school reunion and attending one-day of the Bridgestone Invitational Golf Tournament at the famed Firestone Country Club, which has annually hosted professional golf since 1954 … and in 1974, three tournaments!
We initially planned to attend on Saturday, but the times were changed in anticipation of horrible afternoon weather … so we attended Sunday – which included an hour rain delay. My mother-in-law’s favorite golfer was Phil Michelson, so since she passed away last December, my wife wanted to follow him … and she claims her mother’s karma was with Phil has he whipped off 10 birdies in route the tournament’s second best round. He was fun to watch … and cheers to Rory McIlroy for winning … but because of the 3+ hour drive home, we didn’t stay until the end.
Outside of National Historic Places, Ohioans don’t think of their state was having a national park … but it does – Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Given we had about two hours before we had to be at my sister-in-laws, we went to the park’s Visitor’s Center before going to Brandywine Falls (Google pics) and one of the intact locks in the Erie Canal. Then I joined our brother-in-law for a round of golf while my wife went to her reunion. Because of the change in the Saturday’s golf tournament schedule, we returned for a Saturday morning walk on the canal’s towpath, then spent the rest of the day relaxing at my sister-in-laws.
Enough of my weekend, how was yours? Come on now … tell us something!
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Tree Climbing Days, Clown Week, Simplify Your Life Week, Breastfeeding Week, Assistance Day Week, Exercise With Your Child Week, Farmers’ Market Week, Fraud Awareness Week, Old Fiddler’s Week, Stop on Red Week, Exhibitor Appreciation week, Rock for Life week, Bargain Hunting Week, Psychic Week
- (Mon) Chocolate Chip Day, Champagne Day, Assistance Dog Day, Nut Monday, Picnic Day, Youth Day, Coast Guard Day
- (Tues) National Night Out, Oyster Day, Underwear Day, International Beer Day
- (Wed) Play Day, Wiggle Your Toes Day, Root Beer Float Day, Fresh Breath Day, Hiroshima Day
- (Thurs) Lighthouse Day, Particularly Preposterous Packing Day, Purple Heart Day, Raspberries & Cream Day, Sea Serpent Day
To help you start your week, here’s a clip of the zaniness from a comedy variety show from way back when (well, yesterday for some of us) – the Rowan & Martin Laugh In. Have a good week ahead!