Courtesy of Mr. Redlegs Old-Style Baseball Hat and Mustache Giveaway
How was your weekend? Come on … tell us about something.
Whew! … We stayed busy. Time with out-of-town family kept us off the ballroom floor, but we hosted a dinner, shopped at a local alcohol warehouse, stopped at a local brewery, and I attended a baseball game with a friend while my wife painted with her family … so we stayed home much of Sunday. Cheers to my neighbor for relieving me of watering duties!
As I prepare this post, we have a tornado watch. The weather reporters have been making a big deal for the past two days about the passing of this front and the severe weather it could bring, but I think the severe weather will miss us … After all, I use a technique that isn’t very technologically advanced … LOTW …. that’s Look Out the Window. Nonetheless, it’s a bit odd outside at the moment, so I predict somebody will get it … but not us.
Life: The Musical returns this week as life moves to adulthood …. so song titles must include Man/Men or Woman/Women. Curtail time will be Wednesday, 9:30 pm (Eastern US).
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Salad Week, Don’t Eat Meet Week, Fancy Rate & Mouse Week
- (Mon) Milk Chocolate Day, Hamburger Day, Gone-ta-Pott Day, Hepatitis Day, Buffalo Soldiers Day
- (Tues) Lasagna Day, Chicken Wing Day, Rain Day, Lipstick Day, Cheese Sacrifice Purchase Day
- (Wed) Cheesecake Day (1), Father-in-Law Day, Support Public Education Day, Paperback Book Day, Friendship Day
- (Thurs) Cheesecake Day (2), Chili Dog Day, Uncommon Instruments Awareness Day, Ranger Day, Bratwurst Day, Raspberry Cake Day, Jump for Jelly Beans Day
Many thanks to Elyse for this interesting Monday Morning Entertainment. Enjoy and have a good week.
Our weather this weekend in Cincinnati was hot and muggy with a chance of pop-up storms … definitely not my favorite weather pattern. Nonetheless, how’s your weather? Did it interfere with your weekend? What did you do?
With my sister-in-law visiting this weekend, we spent a lot of time with her and my father-in-law, but we still got some dancing in.
A WordPress-related question to ask. I haven’t been receiving email notifications regarding your new posts. Are any of you having a similar problem?
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Great Circus Parade Week, Take Charge of Change Week, Freedom Week, Canned Lunchmeat Week, Prevention of Eye Injury Awareness Week, Freedom Week, Be Nice to Jersey Week
- (Mon) Descendants Day, Leap Second Time Adjustment Day, Please Take My Children to Work Day, Ice Cream Soda Day (surprise, Graeter’s has outstanding sodas)
- (Tues) Second Half of the Year Day, Postage Stamp Day, Zip Code Day, Canada Day, Build a Scarecrow Day, Creative Ice Cream Flavor Day, Gingersnap Day
- (Wed) I Forgot Day, UFO Day, Chicken Wing Day, Anisette Day
- (Thurs) Superman Day, Compliment Your Mirror Day, Plastic Bag Free Day, Stay out of the Sun Day, Chocolate Wafer Day, Eat Beans Day
My recent use of clips from the Carol Burnett Show have been well received, so hey – here’s another one to start your week. One of the trademarks of the show was how the cast got other cast members to laugh … and if they did, they wouldn’t let up. Enjoy Vicki Lawrence laying it on Carol Burnett. Have a good week
How was your weekend? Come on now, tell us something.
This weekend wasn’t our normal fare as we had family visiting; therefore no dance floor time for us. Saturday’s rain continues to keep us over the average for July and for the year. That’s OK because at least the weather wasn’t stifling! Plus, Sunday’s weather was one of those days I could take everyday.
If all goes as planned, Time: The Musical continues on the next post featuring song titles with Day, Days, or a weekday (Monday through Friday). Get your song titles and videos ready, and have a backup because no duplicates.
This week is has numerous celebratory opportunities. Monday is Lasagna Day and Tuesday is Chicken Wing Day and Paperback Book Day. Wednesday is Uncommon (Musical) Instruments Awareness Day, plus, White Lady in the Hood will welcome anyone willing to cheer the start of Fancy Rat and Mouse Week – so make a note to visit her on Wednesday for a celebratory greeting!
August starts on Thursday, which provides starts month-long culinary celebrations for celery, fennel, cactus, goat cheese, catfish, panini, orange, and papaya.
To jump-start your week, here are some funny talking animals – kind of the opposite of Dr. Dolittle. Have a good week!