It was interesting to discover that some members of the House of Representatives have sued the Senate over their filibuster rules. I believe a court heard the case earlier this week. Here are two resources: Politico and the plaintiff’s blog.
As some in Congress want to pass the fiscal cliff responsibility to the next Congress, I ask, What about all the time you wasted in 2012?
Many of the cranks want to blame the fiscal cliff on President Obama; yet the Constitution clearly states that fiscal matters are Congress’ responsibility.
Here’s an interesting article about the fiscal cliff and the debt limit from an economist I enjoy reading.
Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) resigned to lead the Heritage Foundation. Good riddins’.
On This Week’s Headlines from The Onion
- 15-year-old trailer park duchess announces pregnancy
- Apple promises to fix glitches in map software by rearranging Earth’s geography
- Recent Powerball winner already divorced, bankrupt
- Congress arrested on manslaughter charges
- UN agency says 2012 celebrities hottest on record
- Pope tweets picture of self with God
Special thanks to two readers who submitted some of their Onion-esque headlines on Wednesday.
- Curmudgeon-at-Large for combining two: Obese salmon did not see Mark Walberg’s sex change coming
- Mobius for one from a reference later in this post: Scientist steals Pat Robertson’s Children after big fight
- A book review about the fall of Anheuser-Busch
- A slideshow for those interested in garden design … and then click the Article tab for more information
- Is handwriting worth saving?
- A science-trained pastor tells his story
- A book review about the father of fractals
- My past post about fractals with a great video
An Addendum: Take time today to remember 71 years ago – Pearl Harbor.
Stats Review: November 2012 closed as the fifth best month; plus last week was strong.
Thursday’s birthday celebration for El Guapo was a lot of fun … and my first time participating in a big event. More importantly, I’m confident that he had a lot of fun.
I’m due to change my header here, so I’m in the planning stage.
This week I watched a fantastic 2010 edition of NOVA (PBS): Hunting the Edge of Space: The Ever Expanding Universe. Images from the Hubble telescope capture my attention.
The handbell choir plays again this Sunday, so here’s an audio to the brisk Jig on Morning Song. Enjoy.
A Saturday morning classic cartoon post returns this week.
Let’s go into the weekend with by saluting the life of a jazz legend that passed away this week, Dave Brubeck Have a good weekend! In the words of Garrison Keillor, Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.