It’s a three-day holiday week for we Americans, so how did you spend your weekend?
I imagine you’ll be surprised to see that we had a wide variety of activities that included ballroom dance, a local festival, among the hoards of people at the Taste of Cincinnati, a Reds baseball game (we lost), a cookout with neighbors, and some decorating planning time … and we still have one day to go! Other than hosting my father-in-law in the afternoon for a simple meal, we are hoping for a low-key day.
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Week of Solidarity with the People of Non-Self-Governing Territories, Hurricane Preparedness Week, Shoe Week, Pickle Week, Safe Boating Week, Good Stewardship Week, Frozen Yogurt Week, American Beer Week
- (Mon) Memorial Day, Blueberry Cheesecake Day, Cherry Dessert Day
- (Tues) Grape Popsicle Day, Cellophane Tape Day
- (Wed) Senior Health & Fitness Day, Slugs Return from Capistrano Day, Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Day, Brisket Day, Hamburger Day
- (Thurs) Learn about Composting Day, Day of United Nations Peacekeepers, Coq au Vin Day, Put a Pillow on Your Fridge Day
Given the Memorial Day holiday, this Monday Morning Entertainment focuses on the armed forces instead of humor. Many communities will celebrate Memorial Day with a parade and a remembrance event for fallen soldiers. Although this is a USA holiday, I know this blog is read in countries that also remember their warriors. Even though our Memorial Days may not be on the same day, this post is also for you. Have a good week!