Embed from Getty Images
Cincinnati has been warmer than normal this past week. Fortunately, some cooler (and more normal) weather is on the way for the upcoming week … but the warm temperatures didn’t stop us from enjoying our weekend. How did you spend you weekend?
Our weekend was full with two nights on the ballroom floor (including participating in a Quickstep formation), work, and golf. The Quickstep formation wasn’t a train wreck … a good thing, but I’m glad it’s over. Mother’s Day (Sunday in the US) wasn’t big in our house because we don’t have kids, and our mothers passed away in 1987 (mine) and 2013 (my wife’s). I thought the handbell choir did a good job with Morning Is Broken.
Meals: The Musical returns this week. Meat is the Act 4’s theme, so song titles must include meat(s) or any meat. Use a normal menu as a guideline. For instance, beef, steaks, and hamburger are acceptable, but cows are not. Sausage, ham, and pork are acceptable examples, but pigs are not. Seafood items are not acceptable. The producer is amicable to common sense. Curtain time is Wednesday, 9:30 pm (Eastern US).
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Hamburger Week, Craft Beer Week, Bike Week, Saluting to Moms 35+ Week, Reading is Fun Week, Women’s Health Week, Transportation Week, Return to Work Week, Nursing Home Week, Police Week, Food Allergy Awareness Week, Family Week, Work at Home Moms Week, Bike to Work Week, Etiquette Week, Neuropathy Awareness Week, Stuttering Awareness Week
- (Mon) Eat What You Want Day, Hostess Cupcake Day, Root Canal Appreciation Day, Twilight Zone Week, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Awareness Day, Jigsaw Puzzle Day, Mocha Torte Day, Women’s Check-up Day
- (Tues) Limerick Day, Odometer Day, Nurses Day, Nutty Fudge Day, Fatigue Syndrome Day
- (Wed) Blame Someone Else Day, Crouton Day, Donate a Day’s Wages to Charity Day, Third-Shift Workers Day, Receptionists Day, Apple Pie Day, Fruit Cocktail Day, Leprechaun Day, Cough Drop Day
- (Thurs) Chicken Dance Day, Buttermilk Biscuit Day, Crazy Day, Marshmallow Fluff (Creme) Day
To start your week, here’s Sugar Chile Robinson from a 1946 clip, which means Mr. Robinson is currently 76 years old. Enjoy and have a good week.
Oh wow … Summer-like weather descended on Cincinnati this past weekend – and it appears to continue throughout the upcoming week. How did you spend you weekend?
Our weekend was a small-bit slower than normal because we took it easy Saturday morning and early afternoon. Then again, we still had ballroom time, Quick Step formation practice, ushered at the Playhouse (Vania and Sonia and Masha and Spike), and I worked a shift.
The play was entertaining because a comedy with dysfunctional family members works. It could have been a bit shorter, but we enjoyed it … and given that we ushered, it was free. Here’s what is written on Wikipedia about the play, and take note of the original actors.
It’s possible that one of the posts this week will be something new – something I’ve never done before – believe it or not, writing fiction – but, I seriously doubt this will be a regular endeavor. We’ll see how the week goes.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Hug Holiday Week, Pet Week, Post Card Week, Raisin Week, Herb Week, Choose Privacy Week, Tourism Week, Dystonia Awareness Week, Be Kind to Animals Week, Children’s Mental Health Week, Dating and Life Coach Recognition Week, Drinking Water Week, Flexible Work Arrangement Week, Kids Win Week, Occupational Safety & Health Week, Alcohol & Drug-Related Birth Defects Awareness Week, Anxiety & Depression Awareness Week, Correctional Officers Week, Family Week, Public Service Recognition Week, Small Business Week, Screen-Free Week, Wildflower Week, New Zealand Sign Language Week
- (Mon) Respect for Chickens Day, Orange Juice Day, Intergalactic Star Wars Day, Firefighters Day, Melanoma Monday, Library Legislation Day, Petite & Proud Day, World Give Day, Star Wars Day, Weather Observers Day, Renewal Day, Candied Orange Peel Day, Bird Day, Make a Book Day
- (Tues) Cinco de May, Cartoonists Day, Childhood Depression Awareness Day, Midwives Day, Totally Chipotle Day, Teacher Appreciation Day, Childhood Stroke Awareness Day, Star Wars Revenge of the Fifth, Hoagie Day, Oyster Day, Chocolate Custard Day, Ferret Day
- (Wed) Grump Out Day, No Diet Day, Bike to School Day, No Homework Day, Nurses Recognition Day, Asthma Day, Occupational Safety & Health Day, School Nurse Day, Beverages Day, Crepe Suzette Day, Tourist Appreciation Day, O. Henry Pun Day
- (Thurs) Prevent Teen Pregnancy Day, Cosmopolitan Day, Barrier Awareness Day, Day of Reason, Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day, Packaging Design Day, Paste Up Day, Roast Leg of Lamb Day, Tourism Day
With this week including Cinco de Mayo, here’s a fitting start to your week. In the words of Speedy Gonzalez (a Saturday Morning Honoree), Arriba! Arriba! Andale! Andale! Andale! … and have a good week.
How did your latest weekend treat you? What did you do? How’s your weather?
Just in front of Thanksgiving, we had a busy weekend. It started Friday when our dinner group did an overnight outing at a winery. The group always eats and drinks well, but this was a different type of event for us. After returning home on Saturday, it was off to a wedding … and oh my my … what a beautiful venue for the reception. It was an old church (built in 1850) located near downtown Cincinnati that was saved from the wrecking ball. Other than the missing pews and exhibits of old clocks and bells, it looks like a big church., which was both strange and fascinating. Here’s a link to Google Images.
This week includes Thanksgiving in the US. Because it’s Thursday, this week’s posts will be a different from the norm. Time will tell how everything unfolds.
Reminder that due to the holiday week, Life: The Musical’s next act the next post. The theme is Positive Emotions, so all titles must include a positive emotion. Caution: a) Love is not acceptable (previous act), and b) Tears will be scrutinized. Curtain time is Monday night, 9:30 pm (Eastern US).
Celebrations for the week
- (Week) Game & Puzzles Week, Care Givers Week, Adoption Week, Family Week, Deal Week, Separation of Church & State Week, Better Conversation Week, Farm-City Week, GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) Awareness Week
- (Mon) Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day, DB Cooper Day, Espresso Day, Brownielocks Day
- (Tues) Blase Day, Shopping Reminder Day, Elimination of Violence Against Women Day, Hat Day, Parfait Day
- (Wed) Tie One On Day, Cake Day
- (Thurs) Thanksgiving, Day of Listening, Day of Mourning, Bavarian Cream Pie Day, Pins & Needles Day
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I solicited a notable personality to start your week. Enjoy the Swedish Chef. Enjoy and have a great week.
For us in the northern hemisphere, spring has sprung. On the other hand, blogging has helped me realize there is another hemisphere that operates in the opposite direction. That is as a warm season is approaching one, it is leaving the other.
How was your weekend. Come on now — fess up! Ours included a dinner evening at good friends, an evening of ballroom, some shopping, and working around the new place.
This Week’s Celebrations
- (Week) Cartoon Appreciation Week, Tourism Week, Drinking Water Week, Flexible Work Arrangement Week, Hug Holiday Week, Raisin Week, Post Card Week, Public Service Recognition Week, Astronomy Week, Red Me Week, Clear Air Week, Herb Week, Family Reading Week, Safe Kids Week, Jewish Heritage Week, Wildflower Week, Detect a Water Leak Week, Food Allergy Awareness Week, Nurses Week, Alcohol & Drug Related Birth Defects Awareness Week, Anxiety & Depression Week, Family Week, Dystonia Awareness Week, Be Kind to Animals Week, Children’s Mental Health Week
- (Mon) Cinco de Mayo, Cartoonists Day, Totally Chipotle Day, Ferret Day, Chocolate Custard Day, Hoagie Day, Midwives Day, Melanoma Monday, Childhood Stroke Awareness Day, Library Legislation Day
- (Tues) No Diet Day, Nurses Day, O. Henry Pun Day, Asthma Day, Crepes Suzette Day, Childhood Depression Awareness Day
- (Wed) Great American Grump Out Day, Bike to School Day, Paste Up Day, Roast of Lamb Day, Occupational Safety & Health Day
- (Thurs) No Socks Day, VE Day, Red Cross/Red Crescent Day, Have a Coke Day, Ovarian Cancer Day, Free Trade Day, Animal Disaster Preparedness Day, Coconut Cream Pie Day, Time of Remembrance & Reconciliation for Those Losing Lives during WW II, Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day
The decision for your Monday Morning Entertainment has me torn between Cinco de Mayo and Cartoon Appreciation Week. Given the dilemma, maybe it is best to provide two offerings for you. First, here’s one of my favorite Bugs Bunny scenes.
Secondly, a merengue is a great dance for Cinco de Mayo. Enjoy … and have a good week!