Everyone has a sense of pride about their name. Given baseball’s rich history, thought I’d develop an all-time team with only Franks. I even got picky as I didn’t stretch into Francis, Franklins, Franciscos, Francos, or even middle names or last names; thus stuck with given first name and went-by names. Which means I passed on K-Rod, John Franco, Julio Franco, and even Herman Franks.
I think these guys could compete … Ladies and Gentlemen … presenting the All-Time BallPark Franks! (with links to their career)
1B: F. Chance (HOF)
2B: F. Frisch (HOF)
SS: F. Crosetti
3B: F. Baker (HOF)
C: F. Hayes
OF: F. Robinson (HOF)
OF: F. Howard
OF: F. Thomas (51-66)
DH: F. Thomas (90-08)
Batting Order: Frisch, Chance, Thomas (90), Robinson, Howard, Baker, Hayes, Thomas (51), Crosetti
Bench: F. McCormick, F. White, F. Grant (HOF), F. Catalanotto,
SP: F. Viola
SP: F. Noodles Hahn
SP: F. Tanana
SP: F. Lary
SP: F. Pastore
RP: F. Tug McGraw
RP: F. Francisco
Mgr: F. Selee (HOF)
Although I write about a variety of topics, I hope to take a break from politics. Well, that is assuming Congress doesn’t do anything abnormally stupid (but odds are they will do something stupid). So hopefully this will be the first of some political-free topics … well, with the exception of next Friday’s Opinions in the Shorts.
I’m not in Facebook at this time, but thought I’d join in on the lead from others.
- I qualify for Italian citizenship.
- My left hand is prosthetic because my original hand is in a jar as it touched by Shania.
- I delivered a sermon at my mother’s funeral. A future post anyone?
- After winning a game with a shot at the buzzer of the third OT, a group of us (in high school) were attacked by others and ensuing events totaled my car.
- While on a state board for a professional association, a colleague told me I was the best devil’s advocate she’s known … of which I respond, “Devil’s advocate my #**, I’m just being myself.”
- I love red wine, especially zinfandel and malbec.
- After a meal at a restaurant the manager came over and asked if there was anything else he could do. So I asked, “How about free dessert?” The first time response: “I can’t do that.” (Me) So why did you ask? …. I tried it again years later (to the surprise of 2 friends), and it worked … a large piece of cake with 3 forks!
- I played baritone in high school … including 5 years in college marching band. Now I play in a bell/chime choir at church, but we’re not the Raleigh Ringers.
- I don’t understand how anyone could not appreciate the drumbone.
- I prefer reading professional journals, nonfiction, or food/wine magazines over fiction.
- Sometimes something is so funny, it’s difficult for me to stop laughing. The last time was when TCP posted this video from YouTube.
- I’ve always owned a GM Car, starting with a 1965 Chevrolet Nova … sorry not the SS.
- I have played curling, and it is harder than it looks.
- I been interviewed by TV stations in Cincinnati and Houston , plus appeared 2 live radio interviews, was part of a podcast interview, a guest on Blog Bunker on Sirius satellite radio, and Al Roker stood in front of us doing the weather.
- We are approaching the end of year 2 of ballroom dance lessons.
- I sat through the entire coldest game ever in the NFL.
- I saw Mark Whiten’s 4 HR, 12 RBI game – those were four blasts!
- Many don’t understand my sense of humor.
- The Amalfi coast may be the most beautiful place I’ve visited, but Hubbard Glacier and Kauai’s NaPoli coast were awesome sites of nature.
- I hate caraway seeds.
- I watch the Food Network, enjoy cooking, and will provide my special spaghetti sauce recipe in the future.
- I love this saying: Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like banana.
- I love playing and watching golf – one of the few sports with no defense.
- I would eat at BEEZE’s restaurant if he owned one.
- Oh crap … Many times I find myself relating to Mo’s overall view of the world.