By the way, Pulitzer Prizing winning PolitiFact issued two “Pants on Fire” false-statements ratings in the third debate.
A long-time friend of mine is a disrespectful, clueless, partisan hack. The other day he called, made a ridiculous comment, to which I responded, “Don’t go there.” He kept babbling, so I repeated, “Don’t go there.” Because he ignored my genuine request, I hung up the phone. We haven’t spoken since, I’ve “unfriended” him on Facebook, and I watch Caller ID on my phones.
I cannot justify any reason why law enforcement officials (sheriffs. prosecutors and judges) can run for office under a political party banner and/or endorsement.
The race for one of Ohio’s senate seats involves $30 million of outside-the-campaign money where donors do not have to be identified.
This is interesting: a scorecard of President Obama’s promises and a separate scorecard of promises by GOP Congressional leaders.
This is a wonderful 7-minute video about the Electoral College from CBS Sunday Morning.
On This Week’s Headlines from The Onion
- Thriving Onion Puts Another Print Edition Out of Business
- Town Hall Attendees Still Standing Patiently Waiting for Their Questions to be Answered
- Backup Spatula Always Ready to go in case the Unthinkable Happens
- Study: Human Imagination Capable of Magnificent Things during masturbation
- Trump Announces He is a Very Sad Man
- A photo gallery of recent solar flares
- Brain evolution linked to cooking
- News and deep space images of the Crab Nebula
- About Calls from Rachel at Card Services
- Why states are red and blue
- Interesting infographic about price comparisons
- Dr. John Walton, an Old Testament professor at Wheaton College, wrote a great book I reviewed here. He recently did a video series called Genesis through Ancient Eyes, which starts here.
It’s World Series time. Anyone asking me about team I want to win, and I will answer, “The Reds.” The questioner will explain that the Reds aren’t playing as the series involves the Tigers and Giants, which leads to my answer, “Then I don’t care!”
Now that Blood of Nincompoop is off Dancing with the Stars, I am happily able to concentrate on watching the show.
With another milestone approaching, I wonder who will be the 100,000th visitor to my little corner of the world.
AFA’s Ginger Ale Report
Gosling’s Ginger Beer – On the sweet side, good ginger that lingers, a light cloudy color
Boylan’s Ginger Ale – Slightly better than the mass producers
Jamaica’s Finest Ginger Beer – Too spicy for my taste, but others may enjoy it
Gus Extra Dry Ginger Ale – Light taste all the way around with a pleasant aftertaste
There will be a Saturday Morning Classic Cartoon post this weekend.
Enjoy the music below of Lindsey Stirling. Have a good weekend! In the words of Garrison Keillor, Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.