Good weather came upon Cincinnati this weekend. Warm, pleasant temperatures, blue skies, and mild breezes. Perfect for the spring cleaning in the yard … but hey … no more of that for me!
How was your weather? What did you do this weekend?
Ours included a dance, work, a neighborhood wine event, and Quick Step formation practice. Looking ahead, I’m hoping for a full week of posting.
Meals: The Musical returns this week. Act 2 features Fruits. Song titles must include fruit(s) or any nutritional fruit in the song title. There are many choices available, so hopefully last week’s record of 5 rejection buzzers won’t be topped. Warning: The producer considers tomatoes as a vegetable.
Celebrations for Your Week
- (Week) Garden Week, Harmony Week, Be Kind to Animals Week, Guitar Week, Reading is Fun Week, Home Safety Week, Volunteer Week, Library Week, Public Safety Telecommunications Week, Student Employment Week, Private Property Week, Dark Sky Week, Week of the Young Child, Pan American Week, American Indian Awareness Week, Undergraduate Research Week, Health Information Privacy and Security Week
- (Mon) Scrabble Day, First Elephant in America Day, Peach Cobbler Day, Blame Someone Else Day, Plant Appreciation Day, Thai-Lao-Burmese New Year
- (Tues) Moment of Laughter Day, Library Workers Day, Dictionary Day, Ex-Spouse Day, Children with Alopecia Day, Equal Pay Day, Be Kind to Lawyers Day, Dolphin Day, Library Day, Pecan Day, Bengali New Year, Pan American Day
- (Wed) Holocaust Remembrance Day, Take a Wild Guess Day, That Sucks Day, Titanic Remembrance Day, Husband Appreciation Day, Leonardo da Vinci Day, World Art Day, Rubber Eraser Day, Art History Day, Jackie Robinson Day, McDonald’s Day, Go Fly a Kit, Book Mobile Day, Glazed Spiral Ham Day, Art History Day
- (Thurs) High Five Day, Day of the Mushroom, Save the Elephant Day, Celebrate Teen Literature Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day, Ask An Atheist Day, Eggs Benedict Day, Health Care Decisions Day, Stress Awareness Day, Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day
Friday’s post included an image of a pig on a motorcycle. Saturday’s post featured cartoon legend Porky Pig … so, let’s make it a pig trilogy. Have a good week!
For the record, I’m not mad that it’s Monday … nor am I mad that the weekend is over … nope, the hectic nature of the holiday season doesn’t make me mad. Therefore, I’ll explain later.
The holiday season is in full swing, and the weekend before Christmas is always hectic. How was your weekend? Ours involved an evening of ballroom and a whirlwind cross-state trip (3+ hours each way). After returning home, tango formation practice and a Christmas party concluded our weekend.
My wife knows many Christmas carols, but I was surprised to discover that she didn’t know this one. Do you know it?
An important reminder to everyone. The Kennedy Center Honors is one of the shows that we love at this time of year. It’s simply several hours of outstanding entertainment and tributes. This year’s honorees are Al Green, Tom Hanks, Sting, Lily Tomlin, and Patricia McBride, so there will be a plethora of outstanding performers participating in the tributes. The event occurred earlier this month, but CBS will air it on December 30 9-11 pm (Eastern US) … and it’s worth the watch!
Celebrations for your week and ahead
- (Week) Bird Count Week continues
- (Mon – 22) Haiku Poetry Day, Date Nut Bread Day
- (Tues- 23) Festivus, Human Light Day, Roots Day, Pfeffernuesse Day
- (Wed – 24) Egg Nog Day, Last-Minute Shopping Day
- (Thurs -25) No ‘L’ Day, Pumpkin Pie Day, Merry Christmas
- (Fri – 26) Whiner’s Day, Boxing Day, Coffee Percolator Day, Candy Cane Day, Thank-You Note Day, Day of Goodwill
- (Sat – 27) Howdy Doody Day, Visit the Zoo Day, Fruit Cake Day, Holocaust Remembrance Day
- (Sun -28) Chocolate Day, Endangered Species Day, Card Playing Day, Call a Friend Day, Chocolate Candy Day
- (Mon – 29) Tick Tock Day, Pepper Pot Day
- (Tues – 30) Bacon Day, Falling Needles Family Fest Day, Day of Enormous Changes at the Last Minute Day, Relaxation Day, Bicarbonate of Soda Day
- (Wed – 31) Leap Second Time Adjustment Day, Make Up Your Mind Day, No Interruptions day, One Voice Day, Champagne Day, Universal Hour of Peace Day, Dice Day, Look on the Bright Side Day, World Peace Meditation Day, New Years Eve
To send you into the week, nope – not a holiday song – but a leftover from Life: The Musical – Act 14: Negative Emotions … thus the reason I’m mad … very mad.
We had fantastic weather this past weekend … all in advance to what appears to be a rainy week ahead. Tell us about your weekend.
Our weekend included ballroom time, exploring some new trails and sights. and playing handbells at the dedication service of our church’s new sanctuary. I was able to play through the elbow problems as I used some creative problem solving to reduce the stress on the elbow ligaments.
Life: The Musical – Act 3 is on the docket this week with the curtain rising on Wednesday at 9:30 PM (US Eastern). This week’s also has a twist. Song titles must include a first name .. but first names can only be used once.
Celebrations for your week
- (Week) Scoop the Poop Week, Air Quality Awareness Week, Tattoo Week, Forest Week, Lingerie Week, Intergenerational Week, TV Turn-off Week, Volunteer Week, Consumer Protection Week, Playground Safety Week, Big Brothers/Sisters Appreciation Week
- (Mon) Biological Clock Day, Holocaust Remembrance Day, Blueberry Pie Day
- (Tues) Dance Day, Peace Rose Day, Wish Day, Zipper Day, Shrimp Scampi Day, Gnocchi Day
- (Wed) Mr. Potato Head Day, Bugs Bunny Day, Jazz Day, Animal Advocacy Day, Honesty Day, Spank Out Day, Oatmeal Cookies Day, Raisin Day, Hairball Awareness Day, Adopt a Shelter Pet Day, Walpurgis Night
- (Thurs) May Day, Batman Day, Global Love Day, Law Day, Lei Day, Loyalty Day, Bubba Day, Mother Goose Day, Day of Reason, Stepmothers Day, New Homeowners Day, Beltane, Chocolate Parfait Day
Because last Friday was Penguin Day while this Tuesday is Dance Day, seems logical that I should start your week with dancing penguins. Enjoy … and have a great week.